Return Label from Switzerland - Tina Turner

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Glauco
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Return Label from Switzerland - Tina Turner

Post by Glauco »

Hello all,

I have read some posts on this forum and got really excited about getting an autograph from Tina Turner (thanks for making her address available!). I bought a "Private Dancer" LP and wanted to send it over to her for an autograph.

The problem I have been having is that I cannot find a way of getting a pre-paid label for the parcel (the LP) to be returned to me. The British Royal Mail have stopped selling International Reply Coupons for use in overseas destinations from 31st December 2011. Parcel carriers (eg. DHL, ParcelForce etc) only do it in a way that the receiver (in Switzerland) has to book a date for collection upon delivery and also print the labels themselves.

I contacted the Swiss Post and the pre-paid label service is only available for letters, not for parcels, as it is the case with the LP...

I cannot find a hassle free way of doing, and I believe that it has to be hassle free for the other end (Tina), correct?

Anyone can help me find a way around this?

Really appreciate it.

Glauco
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Return Label from Switzerland - Tina Turner

Post by kimmylee »

You could get some Swiss francs in cash and include those with your request. Put them in a small envelope and mark it as "return postage money".

You'd need to check with the Swiss Post Office for the cost of the return so you include enough.

Try a bank, travel agent or post office for the cash needed.

There is a risk with fanmail though that you won't get the item back, do keep that in mind.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Glauco
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Glauco »

Thank you very much for your reply, Kimmylee. That is a very good idea. I know how much it costs as it is shown on the Swiss Post website, it is just not available for me to pay online. And, as a matter of fact, I do have some Swiss Franc from a trip I made to Zurich a few years ago, so happy days! What makes you think that there’s a chance I don’t receive the item back? Thank you once again.
kimmylee wrote:You could get some Swiss francs in cash and include those with your request. Put them in a small envelope and mark it as "return postage money".

You'd need to check with the Swiss Post Office for the cost of the return so you include enough.

Try a bank, travel agent or post office for the cash needed.

There is a risk with fanmail though that you won't get the item back, do keep that in mind.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

Glad I could help.

With fanmail replies are never guaranteed, and with bigger items it could get damaged in the mail etc.

Never send anything you aren't willing to lose.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi :)

You could purchase swiss stamps online: https://www.post.ch/en/private/discover ... ing-stamps

Fanmail 8)