CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY DOES NOT FORWARD

1 address check per person per day. Addresses in the database only.
You can also use this forum to update your address on Fanmail.biz :)
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY DOES NOT FORWARD

Post by nightowl »

I just called Creative Artists Agency and asked if they forwarded fan mail to their clients and they said they don't handle any mail. They said I would need to contact their manager for that.

SO, if you see the CAA addy for any actor DON'T USE IT. It will either be tossed or RTSed.

Just wanted to let everyone know.
Friendly collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY DOES NOT FORWARD

Post by Friendly collector »

Hi nightowl!
Many thanks for this useful information... I had a request ready to send c/o CAA, but luckily I have read your post! {thumb2}
All the best!

P.S. Do you think this is the rule for all their clients, or just for the very famous stars?
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

You're welcome. I really appreciate it when others let me know such things. I've had too many disappointments so every little bit of info helps.

The first time I called the girl that answered the phone said she didn't know. She told me I could make it out to their agent. BUT as she wasn't sure I wasn't all that eager to just send it off.

So, I decided to call again and ask to be put in touch with someone that could tell me for certain. The second time I called I got someone else on the phone and they immediatley told me, without any hesitation, that no they did not handle any mail for their clients.

I hope this information helps everybody out. {thumb2}
Friendly collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Well, I wonder if they told you so just with the hope you are not going to "bother" them with fanmail. It would be interesting to see what they actually do with the mail they receive...
After all, how do they know if it is fanmail or mail of other kind? Well, of course the only way for them to know is to open the envelopes and take a look inside. So, we will never going to have a RTS, right? Does this make sense to you? It isn't exactly a great experience to think that what you sent could have been trashed...
It would be interesting to know what other collectors have experienced: I hope many are going to read this post and let us know! {thumb2}
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

I had read something about CAA before. People that had tried it themselves, and never heard back, that were asking if anyone else had any success with them.

It appears that they have never replied to letters. If someone has gotten a reply I'd love to hear about it. But as it stands now the agency is not handling requests.

And, as you say, they would have to open them to see what is in the envelope, and at that point I doubt they are going to go to the trouble of putting all your stuff back in your return envelope with a note. Some places actually do that, but it's rare---at least it has been with me so far.
Friendly collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

nightowl wrote:And, as you say, they would have to open them to see what is in the envelope, and at that point I doubt they are going to go to the trouble of putting all your stuff back in your return envelope with a note.
I agree with you, nightowl.
Let's see if someone here has ever had a RTS... or a success (well, that would be interesting) from CAA! ;-)
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

There's one way to tell. Look up the celeb you want in the database and then check for any previous successes, and what address they used. If there are none listed . . . then you have to decide if you want to take the risk.
gomez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gomez »

Damn it. I sent a letter, SAE and 1 IRC to Anna Popplewell's US address, and it is a CAA address. I'm so angry.

I hope that, for my sake, I get a RTS so that I can use the IRC and SAE on someone else
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

I see a number of successes for her from Sasha, although the last one from there was an RTS. I was going to suggest you call them but they are in London.

Here's the number for CAA. You can call them and talk to them directly and see what they say. If you get someone on the phone that isn't sure ask to talk with someone that can tell you what you need to know.

(424) 288-2000

As the last Sasha attempt resulted in an RTS, and CAA claims not to handle mail for clients, you need to post a request for an updated addy. Be sure to tell them that CAA does not forward, and the last Sasha request had an RTS, so you need another one that is working. There is the option of trying her VV.
Friendly collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hi nightowl,
just a question for you (I have posted a topic on the subject but, unfortunately, no replies :roll: ).
I have to send a request and I have two addresses: one is the CAA we have been talking about here, and the other one is Principato Young Management.
What about this last one? Have you ever sent requests or read something about Principato Young Management? Do you know if they accept/forward fanmail?
You are very kind, so I hope you can please kindly let me know! {thumb2}
Thanks!