Replies from vv's

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Replies from vv's

Post by Big Ben »

Hiya everyone :D

I'm wondering how long is the average waiting time for getting back anything sent via venue.

Looking forward for your inputs.

Cheers {up}
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Replies from vv's

Post by velvetgold »

About 99% of my via venues have not come back more than 10 days after the show. But that is nationally. I'm in Canada and I'm talking about venues within Canada. If you're sending to venues outside your country, then I don't know. But within your own, it personally rarely takes more than 10 days. BUT the other 1% have been rare exceptions. One I got back over a month later, and one 3 weeks later. Venues are usually rather quick though, so if I don't get anything back 10 days later, I usually cross it off as a lost cause. But then again, there are always rare exceptions !
bigcurt
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bigcurt »

HI I LIVE IN CANADA TO.USAULLY WITHIN CANADA I RECIEVE BACK WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS.THE USA 6-12 BUSINESS DAYS.ONCE IN A WHILE YOU WILL RECIEVE THEM BACK AFTER A FEW WEEKS OR AFTER THERE TOUR IS OVER.
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heyheyyou »

I have never gotten a success via venue so I assume it's a lost cause after a year ( well for me anyways) It's a gamble really
dueby_boys

Post by dueby_boys »

Heyheyyou wrote:I have never gotten a success via venue so I assume it's a lost cause after a year ( well for me anyways) It's a gamble really
really? VV successes are the best ones because some of them are hard to get like Britney and others, you should try it. just make sure you sent it like 8 days be4 the show and mak sure that arena accepts fanmail. easy as pie. really, try it one day. :mrgreen:
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heyheyyou »

I tried Taylor Swift 4 times last year and made sure they passed mail and also sent it in waaaaay before the show no luck:( Maybe when Britney starts touring again I will try her.
Myself205
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Myself205 »

I sent to a venue and it's been more than a week so I'm losing hope on getting a reply
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

Hi. Is it better to send to vv shortly before the show or maybe some weeks before? Cheers 8)
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
dueby_boys

Post by dueby_boys »

Big Ben wrote:Hi. Is it better to send to vv shortly before the show or maybe some weeks before? Cheers 8)
i send mine 9-10 days before the show. 95% of them come back with a success. {up}
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

If you are referring to music venues, for bands, singers, and so on, "usually" it is as they have described above, but I have seen them take a lot longer to come back. So don't consider it a lost cause if it doesn't come back immediately. I have seen people get theirs back after weeks. The band must have taken it with them and signed it later.

Most of the time it does come back fairly quickly, but two or three weeks would not be considered a long time, I have had them take that, and longer.

For movie venues that is another thing again. They can come back anywhere from a few days to over a year later. Usually when they take many months that is because it was rerouted to their agency, and you wind up with a stamp or AP. But I did get an authentic Kevin McKidd out of Percy Jackson over a year later, so you never know.

The reason you want to send your request to arrive as close to the appearance of the band as possible is if it is sitting around it can easily get buried, or misplaced, or forgotten. Sometimes they might even toss it after a certain period of time, or if they don't see them on the immediate schedule they might even RTS it. So try to send it as close to their appearance as possible. At the same time you want to allow enough time for it to get there in case it takes longer than usual.

I have had venues tell me that a lot of the time people send it too late and it arrives after the band is already gone.

Mark FAN MAIL on it, or even put PLEASE HOLD on the envelope. I usually put: Please forward to (name of singer or band) appearing on (date of show)---I write this at the bottom of the envelope.

BUT the most important thing you need to know, before you do any of this is, "does the venue forward fan mail".

There are a list of venues that have been known to forward listed at the top of this forum. But that is still no guarantee. Venues that may have forwarded before may not now, or the opposite, venues that didn't forward might now. Or it may be intermittent.

It always helps to call the venue right before you consider sending and ask them directly if they forward fan mail to the acts appearing there.

But that is still no guarantee of a success. I have called venues and had them tell me they forwarded. I sent to a band that I knew signed, as they had just done so shortly before that, and nothing came back. I have no idea if it was the venue that neglected to give it to them, or the band wasn't in the mood---which can happen---or it was lost in the mail.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do! {up}