This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Trash
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys {up}

Thank you for all your PMs and emails over the past few weeks. I certainly understand how you feel, and sorry for not being able to answer you all individually. :neutral:

The reason I have been away from this forum recently was mainly to try to illustrate the problems that Fanmail.biz is having, and has been having for some time. Unfortunately I do not have the time to be on here 24/7 - few of us do. Certainly none of our globals or moderators should feel personally threatened, as has been the case in recent weeks.

I, like many of you have my own career (or schooling), and I get on here as and when I can. I have raised your comments and concerns to Admin now more times than I can explain, and for the most part I have been overruled. I just don't get understood - like I am speaking a different language - or at least that is how it appears at present.

If I was asked what to do with the forum, I would like to put some more substantial rules in place. I came up with the original moderator/veterans/globals and the trainees ranks. They might not have been ideal, but at least in some way they began to get a basic structure to this site. I would improve on this, but I feel I would not be backed up. Therefore I am leaving the decision to you all.

If you feel you want me to be involved any more, then please tell me and copy Admin. Or if you are happy with how things are going then please remain silent.

I will not be on the boards again as an admin or moderator until I hear from a majority of the team. The likelihood is that I will lose my account now anyway :lol:

It makes me really sad as I have known some of you for a very long time. I am one of the few members who actually works in the industry and has been on here pretty-much from the start - so I know what makes actors and celebs tick! ;-) I currently feel this forum has let both itself and its members down, and until I hear otherwise I do not wish to associate either my help or my professional name to this board.

Of course if the Admin wants to contact me then I will be only too happy to hear from him, but I sadly feel that my time with Fanmail.biz has come to a sad and sorry end. The "Fanmail.biz" idea had such a long way to go, but not if it is being lead by a narrow-minded leadership. I desperately hope for better things for this board, but if I don't hear back from you all then I will quietly disappear. . . .

I so wish this forum was similar to the one I always wanted to log onto back in 2004/5/6, and not such a place of argument or confrontation as it seems to be now. Maybe if our new members felt like they could come on here and learn something without being disrespected, or feeling the forum leaders/members had the right to disrespect them, mainly by point of fact of the board being devoid of sensible rules, then maybe we wouldn't have so many unanswered posts, and the members wouldn't want to continually fight with one another?

Maybe we would have moderators who wanted to be on here to help others out, rather than just for the title. Maybe we would have leaders with experience they wanted to share, and coach younger members in the hobby?

I'll let you be the judges . . . . Admin you know how to reach me if you are at all bothered . . .

In the meantime goodbye to you all, I have enjoyed my time with you, and sincerely wish you the best of luck . . . .

I think you are going to need it ;-)

Ian :neutral:

email: iancashmore@googlemail.com
Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1960375/
Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ian+cashmore
Official website: http://www.iancashmore.net
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ian :)

I PM you {up}

Fanmail 8)
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

I believe now that Ethan's Love is indeed Spam Man playing a woman.

Why?

1. They talk to each other, and are on ALWAYS at the same time.
2. They speak badly about the moderators and have the same writing style.
3. They seem to come on ONLY to talk to each other.

It's very fishy.

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Yeah, I believe that too, Chrissy!!
I've also come to theorize that any user that hasn't posted on the forums is also spam-man. It annoys me so much that sometimes I just want to ban the users for the heck of it. You're not posting so goodbye to you! :lol:

I hope we can settle this. The chat is pointless. :roll:
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

You are absolutely right. A lot of members who spam the boards don't post on fanmail. Why don't we make the rules that you must have a post count. And why are the spammers still pming me with 0 posts?
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chrissy wrote:You are absolutely right. A lot of members who spam the boards don't post on fanmail. Why don't we make the rules that you must have a post count. And why are the spammers still pming me with 0 posts?
Hi Chrissy :)

You are right. There should have a 5 posts requirement to be allowed to send PM but unfortunately the option is not yet available on this version of the message board :neutral:

Fanmail 8)
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

Because of the current state of the forum and the seeming inability for the Administrator to realize this current state of mayhem, I am resigning as a Global Moderator.

I'm requesting for my account to be deleted.

I've had enough to do with this forum.
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
ldy josie x

Post by ldy josie x »

Honestly, I am sorry to see cernan and Lisa go :|

I have a question.. why is that a "guest" can post on the forum?

And I just deleted MANY inappropriate posts in the chat box.
I have to say though, afem1010 and whosyourdaddy are, in a way, encouraging the "guest" to keep posting.. instead of ignoring and deleting the posts, they keep talking back to it.
For cheap, high-quality photos, magazine pictures, and autographs, please see shop. Click HERE to go!
Feel free to e-mail: josephine@fanmail.biz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Josephine :)

I agree. It's sad that cernan has decided to leave for just one trouble maker :?

Unfortunately we can not ban the spammer. He uses some kind of firewall :? His IP address changes each time. 99% of our visitors do not cause any trouble :neutral: even those who are not registered. It's just a matter of time, He will stop spamming the chat box in a couple of days.

Fanmail :neutral:
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

admin wrote:Hi Josephine :)

I agree. It's sad that cernan has decided to leave for just one trouble maker :?

Unfortunately we can not ban the spammer. He uses some kind of firewall :? His IP address changes each time. 99% of our visitors do not cause any trouble :neutral: even those who are not registered. It's just a matter of time, He will stop spamming the chat box in a couple of days.

Fanmail :neutral:
Or....you could just remove the chatbox altogether. It seems very pointless. It's just a way for spammers and problem members to communicate quickly with everyone