This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Trash
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Post by rpbluesman »

This forum is in Free-Fall!!!.

More and more problems keep coming up and little is being done about them.

Why is it that a member can make death threats from multiple accounts without an IP ban? That seems to be good enough grounds for an IP ban. If we lose one or two legit users in the process, oh well. Better not to have a death threat maker around

Why can members be permitted to have multiple accounts? I still see no purpose. Especially TMs having mutiple TM accounts.

Why are there so many TMs that will never become a moderator still in the ranks? Why can't we set a limit to maybe like 5 TMs per team or something?

There are more issues, but these are probably my main ones. This forum in my opinion is seemingly going from bad to worse with little if anything being done about it.

Comments? SUggestions?
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Post by Larisie »

Couldn't agree with you more on all your points, Daniel!! {thumb2}

Like I said in a previous thread, things here are getting to be ridiculous!!! :neutral:
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

I absolutely agree!!!

It's not only a problem with the TM's, there is a HUGE problem with the moderators on this forum. A lot of them are making false accusations and bombarding other global moderators with their undercover dirt. I'm sorry but i have my beliefs that a few moderators should be demoted for their lack of respect and what they are doing behind everyone's backs.

We need to do a major clean up!

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

Honestly, things are going to go beyond salvation soon...

Right now I'm thinking that if we don't abolish the TM system right here and now, and get rid of some of the Moderators, and be rid of the chatbox, things will never get to be the way they once were...
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Change has to be made here and now, or else the forum is going to collapse in on itself and will inevitably be forced to close.

First thing I suggest is to get rid of all the TMs. Unfair or not, it HAS TO BE DONE. We can reselect any TMs who we think were legitimate candidates for moderators. All the rest, well they can reapply if they want to show a better upholding of rules.

Along the same line is to make it so that each GM team carries only about 2-3 TMs at any one time. That way we can focus more on the TMs individually and be better suited to demoting/promoting them.

Duplicate accounts need to be done away with. I can see no beneficial purpose of them to the forums and for them to be allowed does hurt the board as a whole, especially when some of our TMs can have multiple TM accounts. What honest good is that going to do? Can anyone tell me?

Banned members are another thing too. Why is it that a member can be banned, come back under a different name, and simply resume his/her antics under a different name. If I recall correctly there are a # of these instances that have been brought up to no avail. One such matter is with Shambler / The Evening Optimist. Ignoring the fact that it's a duplicate account, why can a banned member be permitted to come back to the boards and resume his antics?

Also along with banned members is the act of banning them itself. Problem members need an IP ban. There's no other way around it. If a member makes death threats, they need to be banned by way of IP and not simply put on an ignore list. Police don't ignore you if you make a death threat in public, so why should we do otherwise?

This forum is in a state of chaos, and partly because nothing is being done to help the forum. Moderators are going to start leaving...I can name at least 3 off the top of my head right now. Dallas, Andy316, and TheCollector have all expressed their extreme dissatisfaction with the way the site has turned and all have said they will likely leave if nothing is done. I wouldn't be surprised if more moderators spoke up with their desires to leave.

When I first joined this site, things were much simpler. Even when I became a moderator things were much simpler. Now it's just turmoil and nothing is being done or even considered to rectify the situations.
ldy josie x
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by ldy josie x »

rpbluesman wrote:First thing I suggest is to get rid of all the TMs. Unfair or not, it HAS TO BE DONE. We can reselect any TMs who we think were legitimate candidates for moderators. All the rest, well they can reapply if they want to show a better upholding of rules.
I agree with this 100%. I think this has been brought up multiple times, yet Admin disagreed :|

Duplicate accounts need to be done away with. I can see no beneficial purpose of them to the forums and for them to be allowed does hurt the board as a whole, especially when some of our TMs can have multiple TM accounts. What honest good is that going to do? Can anyone tell me?
rpbluesman wrote:Banned members are another thing too. Why is it that a member can be banned, come back under a different name, and simply resume his/her antics under a different name. If I recall correctly there are a # of these instances that have been brought up to no avail. One such matter is with Shambler / The Evening Optimist. Ignoring the fact that it's a duplicate account, why can a banned member be permitted to come back to the boards and resume his antics?
Exactly. Being allowed to return under a different name defeats the purpose of banning, which is why IP bans are much more efficient. The death threats (Fred West thing) are getting out of control. It is ridiculous how the user can just come back under a different, inappropriate name, and nothing is done about it. Death threats are not something to joke about; it should be taken seriously. We have young users here on the forums, and if they are being threatened, it is very likely that they will start leaving, and thus, the number of members on this board will decrease (which, I think, is what Admin would NOT want).
Personal example? My sister has told me how disappointed she is with the forum. She used to LOVE it, but now she thinks it is a total mess. Don't get me wrong.. she still loves collecting autographs; she is just displeased with this forum.
rpbluesman wrote:When I first joined this site, things were much simpler. Even when I became a moderator things were much simpler. Now it's just turmoil and nothing is being done or even considered to rectify the situations.
DITTO. It was really simple, nice, straightforward, and SAFE. Now, it is overrun with immature (and recently, dangerous) people.
I'm sure that if we make some changes (ie: redoing the TM system, getting rid of the chatbox, etc), things will gradually go back to the way they were.

Just my thoughts :D
For cheap, high-quality photos, magazine pictures, and autographs, please see shop. Click HERE to go!
Feel free to e-mail: josephine@fanmail.biz
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I think I may even leave if nothing is done. This is getting ridiculous.
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

rpbluesman wrote:I think I may even leave if nothing is done. This is getting ridiculous.
I know how you feel but please don't leave. Your a great moderator! I hope we can fix this!
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I won't leave right away....but change NEEDS TO HAPPEN! No excuses
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

Frankly I'm getting quite sick of everything as well, not to mention being bombarded with PM's by Manu asking me to ban this member and that member...

Manu said something to be about Ian leaving because Admin doesn't know how to manage a forum.

Don't know if there's an ounce worth or pound worth of truth in that statement...
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.