An issue about fudgemonkey...

Trash
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: An issue about fudgemonkey...

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Andy {up}

Unfortuantely I have done all I can for the moment in rebanning those two names. On futher checking, posts have actually been made from a couple of IP addresses from those accounts which tends to suggest an IP ban wouldn't be a lot of use :?

Also, at the present time the ban IP facility is not working on the Admin panel anyway. Please feel free to PM Admin direct if you wish to take this further. At the present time he has indicated he does not wish to demote Dwight, but please pass on your comments to him if you wish. Any demotion will be his call this time around :razz:

Cheers,
Ian :mrgreen:
elmomommyto2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by elmomommyto2 »

Just for future reference, it was capsboy who deleted Andy's thread in the TM's forum :shock:.

I know Ian is doing everything he can to resolve this situation (now where's that SuperIan icon?), but eventually there will have to be a general policy instituted about banned members coming back as TMs since it seems to be a quite popular thing to do. I think we must be very careful though...if one of these TMs were to make it through the vote to become a moderator just to reek havoc on the site. I think a quick IP check and not allowing banned members to become TMs must be the solution on this one :|.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

TheCollector wrote:Hi Andy {up}

Unfortuantely I have done all I can for the moment in rebanning those two names. On futher checking, posts have actually been made from a couple of IP addresses from those accounts which tends to suggest an IP ban wouldn't be a lot of use :?

Also, at the present time the ban IP facility is not working on the Admin panel anyway. Please feel free to PM Admin direct if you wish to take this further. At the present time he has indicated he does not wish to demote Dwight, but please pass on your comments to him if you wish. Any demotion will be his call this time around :razz:

Cheers,
I think the lack of sleep is affecting my brain :lol: My earlier post (about the deleted thread) was actually in reference to the former TM pakman14 (who was banned) but is now a TM again as "capsboy1". Not sure how I got the 2 mixed up, but then 2 previously banned TMs instantly being TMs again, I guess its easy to mix up :lol: So while you're here, what about pakman/capsboy? Its the same situation, so should I talk to admin about both?
RuleroftheWorld

elmomommyto2 wrote:Just for future reference, it was capsboy who deleted Andy's thread in the TM's forum :shock:.

I know Ian is doing everything he can to resolve this situation (now where's that SuperIan icon?), but eventually there will have to be a general policy instituted about banned members coming back as TMs since it seems to be a quite popular thing to do. I think we must be very careful though...if one of these TMs were to make it through the vote to become a moderator just to reek havoc on the site. I think a quick IP check and not allowing banned members to become TMs must be the solution on this one :|.
LOL you posted at the same time as me. Yes that was my mistake, like I said the lack of sleep is destroying my brain! :shock: :lol:

But I agree on the IP check before becoming a TM though, thats a good idea and would only take a few seconds.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Andy316 {up}

Don't worry - I know all about lack of sleep!!!! My boiler exploded over the weekend, and after waiting nearly 24 hours for the insurance company to sort it I now have a very wet house, and a great big head-ache :lol:

I am not trying to dodge the situation. I could remove the members who have been problematic, but I feel decisions like that (unless in a real emergency) need to be made by Admin. It is his site afterall, and I think my role on here is more of a motivational one for trainees, moderators etc, and trying to make things better.

If I devoted too much of my (already limited) time to chasing these things up, then I personally feel my time on here would be less constructive.

I do take what you are saying very seriously, but unfortunately this is one of the things you are going to have to take up with Admin. Like I said, further action will have to be his call.

Thanks for understanding, and get some sleep Andy :lol:

elmomommyto2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by elmomommyto2 »

:lol: With my munchkins, no one gets to complain for lack of sleep but me :lol:...just kidding.

But seriously, like Ian said, it's going to come down to admin in the long run anyway, so if you feel strongly enough about it, yes, I would contact admin about them. I personally can't seem to keep them straight anymore...I'm just too old for too many usernames :lol: :oops:!
RuleroftheWorld

Thanks for the replies, I may send admin a PM later when I have a bit more time.

I have PM'd capsboy and asked him not to delete my threads for no reason though.
charmainey

Post by charmainey »

capsboy is interested in my magazine posters, and when I asked him if he sent the payment, he didn't reply, it's been about a week.
charmainey

Post by charmainey »

I'd hate to bump this up, but I think capsboy (fudgemonkey) is back to his old ways, He was interested in my posters 2 months ago, and said he sent the payment and i've sent him a couple PM's but he hasn't replied.
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

Wait a minute, Charmaine,
Capsboy1 is the old Pakman14
DwightKSchrute is the old Fudgemonkey
All this banned and come back with a new name is getting difficult to keep up with and annoying.