View results

TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

ALL GLOBALS - PLEASE VOTE!!

Post by TheCollector »

Hello everyone :D

Firstly, I would like to ask you guys to keep what I am about to say between us. I don't think the messageboard needs any more drama at the moment! ;-)

Following a discussion I had with with Admin yesterday, I came up with a scheme that I feel might be 'workable' to begin to resolve some of the negative issues that have been going on recently. Mostly due to the actions of a small number of Juniors (and others), who have now mostly been banned. However, I am aware that the "non-moderating" members of the board are still asking why we have so many Junior Mods?

So in order to address this, I firstly I added up the numbers of our whole moderation team on the board, and discovered that we currently have 2 admins, 7 global moderators (you guys!), 35 full Moderators (including some who are CP), and 74 Junior Moderators (frightening!)

What I am proposing is a method where we can make the juniors more "accountable", and I thought it would be a good idea to pair up Juniors with either our current Global Moderators, or with the Globals and the full Moderators.

My idea behind this is that one full moderator will then be responsible for say, 2 Juniors. Or if we keep it to just Global Mods then it would be one Global to each 10 Juniors, which I don't think would be workable.

To progress this further, I thought about putting each full Moderator under the care of a Global, which means you guys would have 5 full Moderators each responsible to you, and in turn each of those moderators would have 2 Juniors responsible to them.

My idea is that it would create a hierarchy meaning everybody was answerable to somebody. Then if things went bad at one level there would always be somebody else to go to. Ultimately it would mean if things went as far a Global or Admin becoming involved, then their word would be law - no arguments, and it would allow Admin to get on with administating the boards, rather than trying to sort out silly disputes!

Admin has asked me to set up a vote for this, so please indicate your choice above. Sorry if I have gone on a bit (lot!), but I just want things to be better on here for all of us.

Cheers,
Ian :mrgreen:
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: ALL GLOBALS - PLEASE VOTE!!

Post by ozzman »

I like the third option. That way global and regular mods are responsible for jr mods and it will also lighten the load a little bit. Good Thinking.
F.A.D.E
Interests:

Post by F.A.D.E »

Hi Ian,

10 Juniors for one Global is too much, I think, so I vote for option #3 too {up}

Fatima xxx
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Larisie »

I have to agree with option 3 too. It'll be a lot more workable having only up to 5 to look after. If it were closer to 10, I believe it'd be more difficult, especially when we can't be here at every minute of the day or everyday sometimes.

Great idea though, Ian! {thumb2}
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

lutherjw
Interests:

Post by lutherjw »

Hey guys {up}

Once again, long time no see! I know!!! I'm really trying to be on more often, and I think things are about to be pretty much settled at home (hopefully). At least the situation we have planned should work out better than what is going on right now.

But enough with that. :) I have to say that I agree with everyone in voting for Option 3. I think having 10 Junior Moderators to look after is a bit too much, and it would be easier to work three or four full moderators. That way everything is distributed evenly.

Thanks for the great work Ian!

Looks like I've got some catching up to do now. ;)

Joel 8)
nowandagain
Interests:

Post by nowandagain »

Hi everyone :D

Sorry for not posting any sooner, I'm a bit busy at the moment.

I agree with you all ... option 3 is probably the best of those listed above.

May I also make a suggestion that we do an audit of the JM system whilst we implement this new system. There are probably ways that the system can improve as it is obviously not working at the momnet. Currently, I think we have too many JM's and believe that many of them are not active on the forums. Perhaps we could demote those that aren't active within the last few months?

nowandagain [rockon]
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by rpbluesman »

Option three seems to call to me the most. I think the structure in option 3 seems to work the best. I like the idea of having everyhing divided up and such.

Good thinking Ian (and admin)
admin
Site Admin
Interests:

Post by admin »

Option 3 {up}

Each volunteer (Global Moderator or Moderator) could have is own JM team.

Ex: Rank: Junior Moderator - Ozzman Team

Fanmail 8)
Chrissy
Interests:

Post by Chrissy »

Hey!!

I believe that the 3rd one would be the best and most efficient!! I think having 10 junior mods would be too much as Fatima has said!! I think this is a great idea and it will help us a lot more in keeping order around here!! Well done!

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
TheCollector
Interests:

Post by TheCollector »

admin wrote:Option 3 {up}

Each volunteer (Global Moderator or Moderator) could have is own JM team.

Ex: Rank: Junior Moderator - Ozzman Team

Fanmail 8)

OK cool,

I will draw up a table of which mods are responsible for which Juniors, and then contact the mods. Before that I will post my suggested list in the Administrators forum for discussion!

It might not be until Monday GMT before I get back to you, since I have a lot of Halloween appearances at present. You know, the old drag the ghosthunter out of his box on Halloween routine!!!

Ian Image