Launch of new ranks on Fanmail.biz!!!!!

Trash
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Launch of new ranks on Fanmail.biz!!!!!

Post by TheCollector »

Hello all :P

I am happy to announce a few changes to the rank system which should make it easier to understand, and offer more scope for promotion :D

The new rank order will be as follows:
Admin
Junior Admin
Veteran Moderator
Moderator CP
Moderator, Country Experts and IP Autograph Hunter
Junior Moderator

The info on these ranks is as follows:
Admin - Has overall control of the message board, has access to Admin control panel, database etc.
Junior Admin - Has moderator priviledges on all forums on the message board allowing them to move/amend/delete any post, will also have access to the Moderators Control Panel, but will not access the Admin Control Panel.
Veteran Moderator - Has the ability to moderate on over 3 forums.
Moderator CP - Has the ability to moderate up to 3 forums, plus have access to the Moderators Control Panel.
Moderator - Autograph Experts - IP Autograph Hunter - Has the ability to moderate up to 3 forums.
Junior Moderator - Has the ability to Moderate on the Junior Moderators Forum, and will be assigned a forum to help run and support and learn from the Moderators on that forum. They will not have actual moderator priviledges until they have served their 2 month trial period and become a full moderator.
Junior Moderators will be chosen by Admins and initially recruited on a 2-month trial period. At the end of the 2 months all full moderators will have the vote as to whether the Junior should be promoted to full moderator status, or stay for a further 1 month as a Junior, or at worst to leave the moderation team completely.
Junior Moderators will not have access to the Moderators Forum, which will be used by the full moderators to discuss the Junior's progress.
Junior Moderators will have their own Junior Moderators Forum which will not be accessable by standard members. Admins, Moderators and Experts will however have access to the Junior Moderators Forum.

Admins will still have the right to terminate a particular Junior Moderator's role before the 2 months if it is blatently not working out!

This scheme will allow for on-the-job training of Junior moderators by the moderators with whom they will be working. All moderators will need to be supportive of the Juniors, whilst also expecting positive assistance in return.

Moderators will retain the ability (Via the Moderators Forum) to recommend more "senior members" to enter straight at the Moderator level if they believe the member to have enough experience.

I hope this is all clear, but if not, please post your questions here :D

Ian :mrgreen:
Last edited by TheCollector on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Ian {up}

Great Thread :)

Fanmail 8)
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Hi Ian :D

These are some great changes to the boards. Excellent job {up} I do have a few questions though:

a) How are you planning to choose Junior Admins? Will you and admin choose, or will the other moderators get to nominate people?
b) If you already moderate more than 3 forums, does that automatically make you a Veteran Moderator?

Joey :)
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dallas »

Great Job Ian! Awesome new positions!! :shock:
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Joey wrote:Hi Ian :D

These are some great changes to the boards. Excellent job {up} I do have a few questions though:

a) How are you planning to choose Junior Admins? Will you and admin choose, or will the other moderators get to nominate people?
b) If you already moderate more than 3 forums, does that automatically make you a Veteran Moderator?

Joey :)
Hi Joey {up}

To answer your questions,
Admin and I will choose Juniors, but they can still be put forward by other moderators if we miss any :wink:

They will not actually be full moderators and as such they will not have any moderator priviledges outside of the Junior Moderators Forum. We will assign them a forum such as Collecting Help, so their title would be "Junior Moderator - Collecting Help". That way we will all know which forum they are supposed to be helping on :wink:

Like I said though, they will not be able to edit/delete/move posts etc outside of the Junior Moderators Forum. It will then be up to the full moderators on their assigned forum to decide after the 2 months whether they are ready to take on full moderator priviledges.

It will be your feedback which decides when and if they make the rank of moderator :wink:
Sorry, no it doesn't :lol: It just means that from now on new moderators will be limited to 3 forums.

Hope this helps!

Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

TheCollector wrote:
Sorry, no it doesn't :lol: It just means that from now on new moderators will be limited to 3 forums.

Hope this helps!

Darn :lol: Thanks for the answers {up}
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

TheCollector wrote:Admin and I will choose Juniors, but they can still be put forward by other moderators if we miss any :wink:

They will not actually be full moderators and as such they will not have any moderator priviledges outside of the Junior Moderators Forum. We will assign them a forum such as Collecting Help, so their title would be "Junior Moderator - Collecting Help". That way we will all know which forum they are supposed to be helping on :wink:

Like I said though, they will not be able to edit/delete/move posts etc outside of the Junior Moderators Forum. It will then be up to the full moderators on their assigned forum to decide after the 2 months whether they are ready to take on full moderator priviledges.
Actually Ian, I think he meant how is a Junior ADMIN chosen. Not a Junior moderator.

daniel 8)
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks Daniel . . .Doh :oops:

I misread his post (I must get some sleep soon!!!)

Junior Admins will be chosen from amongst the Veteran Moderators. I don't think we have totally ironed out the choosing criteria yet, but I'll let you know :wink:

Cheers!
Ian
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I have a suggestion for part of the Junior Admin's abilities.

Would it be possible to let the Junior admin's edit/add/remove addresses from the database?

Not accessing the admin cp, but just the database part.

Thoughts?
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Ian {up}

Thanks for the info :wink: The forum is really undergoing a lot of changes at the moment :P

nowandagain [rockon]