New AEs (posts split from other thread)

Moderators' Forum.
RuleroftheWorld

New AEs (posts split from other thread)

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

When did you get promoted? I dont remember a vote.... :?
dansautos

Re: hockeyfan1994

Post by dansautos »

Andy316 wrote:When did you get promoted? I dont remember a vote.... :?
Sorry to disappoint you? :?
lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

dansautos wrote:
I don't think Andy is as "disappointed" with you as he is frustrated and angry with admin. I totally see where he is coming from. We've had a system that somewhat works (although it's far from perfect...) with regard to promoting members to moderator/autograph expert status for a while now. It's extremely frustrating when admin chooses to bypass this system and just promote members at his own discretion. :roll:

Joel 8)
lizane

Post by lizane »

Andy, I pm'ed Dan to tell him he'd make a brillaint AE as I've seen how much he actually knows about autographs (he's an experienced ip collector). So, he pm'ed admin to ask him if he could become one and admin promoted him. {thumb2} I believe, to become an AE, it's not nessessary to have a vote as jason.w also become one without any voting (and he's doing a great job). {up}

Anyways, great post Dan! I agree with what you said there. {thumb2}

Thanks,
Lizanne
RuleroftheWorld

lutherjw wrote:
dansautos wrote:
I don't think Andy is as "disappointed" with you as he is frustrated and angry with admin. I totally see where he is coming from. We've had a system that somewhat works (although it's far from perfect...) with regard to promoting members to moderator/autograph expert status for a while now. It's extremely frustrating when admin chooses to bypass this system and just promote members at his own discretion. :roll:

Joel 8)
Thats pretty much what I was saying/thinking, yes.
Lizanne wrote:Andy, I pm'ed Dan to tell him he'd make a brillaint AE as I've seen how much he actually knows about autographs (he's an experienced ip collector). So, he pm'ed admin to ask him if he could become one and admin promoted him. {thumb2} I believe, to become an AE, it's not nessessary to have a vote as jason.w also become one without any voting (and he's doing a great job). {up}

Thanks,
Lizanne
The "PM to be an an AE" system was actually a case of it being the same as "PM to be a TM". The "PM'd" AEs had identical powers to TMs, whereas those who were voted in (IE - me) have identical powers to full Moderators.

The AEs that got promoted by PM were just to help out in the "Is it authentic" forum. Those who were voted in are full moderators with a different title. They are vastly different - or at least, they were.

The fact that today jason's powers were increased - and by the same tokem, Dan being promoted with full powers - is wrong.

If you're not voted in by the Moderators, you shouldnt be equal to them - its that simple.

This is not a knock on jason or dan, this is just how I feel on the matter - and I know Im not the only one whos not happy about this. All Moderators had to be voted in, but now you just have to send a PM? Its bad enough that you just have to send a PM to be a TM, but send a PM to be a full moderator? Thats very wrong.
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Andy316 wrote:
lutherjw wrote:
dansautos wrote:

Joel 8)
Thats pretty much what I was saying/thinking, yes.
Lizanne wrote:Andy, I pm'ed Dan to tell him he'd make a brillaint AE as I've seen how much he actually knows about autographs (he's an experienced ip collector). So, he pm'ed admin to ask him if he could become one and admin promoted him. {thumb2} I believe, to become an AE, it's not nessessary to have a vote as jason.w also become one without any voting (and he's doing a great job). {up}

Thanks,
Lizanne
The "PM to be an an AE" system was actually a case of it being the same as "PM to be a TM". The "PM'd" AEs had identical powers to TMs, whereas those who were voted in (IE - me) have identical powers to full Moderators.

The AEs that got promoted by PM were just to help out in the "Is it authentic" forum. Those who were voted in are full moderators with a different title. They are vastly different - or at least, they were.

The fact that today jason's powers were increased - and by the same tokem, Dan being promoted with full powers - is wrong.

If you're not voted in by the Moderators, you shouldnt be equal to them - its that simple.

This is not a knock on jason or dan, this is just how I feel on the matter - and I know Im not the only one whos not happy about this. All Moderators had to be voted in, but now you just have to send a PM? Its bad enough that you just have to send a PM to be a TM, but send a PM to be a full moderator? Thats very wrong.
110% agreed Andy.

It's not that I have anything against Jason or Dan, because they are both lovely. But I just think that PMing Admin and immediately being granted full Moderator powers is wrong. To PM Admin and have TM powers, fine. But not full Moderator powers. I agree fully with Andy and think that there should be some sort of a vote to decide....
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
RuleroftheWorld

glücklich wrote: 110% agreed Andy.

It's not that I have anything against Jason or Dan, because they are both lovely. But I just think that PMing Admin and immediately being granted full Moderator powers is wrong. To PM Admin and have TM powers, fine. But not full Moderator powers. I agree fully with Andy and think that there should be some sort of a vote to decide....
One more thing I thought of to prove the massive flaw here, is if spam-man (for example) makes an account, sends a PM to become an AE, gets FULL MODERATOR POWERS, then hes free to severely destroy the forum. Theres no logic in this at all :?

And just to reaffirm, its nothing against Jason or Dan.
dansautos

Post by dansautos »

glücklich wrote: It's not that I have anything against Jason or Dan, because they are both lovely. But I just think that PMing Admin and immediately being granted full Moderator powers is wrong. To PM Admin and have TM powers, fine. But not full Moderator powers. I agree fully with Andy and think that there should be some sort of a vote to decide....
I actually agree with you all on this issue. When I was invited to become an Autograph Expert, I was simply asked to take a look at questions of authenticity on a regular basis, not actively moderate anything. I was also told that I would have access to this forum, but not that I would have any "Moderator" powers or anything. (I assumed it would just be for reference and to converse with people who actually do moderate the forums.) I'm not actually even sure if I have them; I haven't checked them out or anything.

Anyway, I think this is a worthwhile discussion, but perhaps we can do it in a new thread? Let's try to keep this thread on topic if we can to avoid confusion and for easier future reference. :mrgreen:

Thanks Lizanne for your support and I completely understand this frustration is nothing personal against me. {up}
RuleroftheWorld

dansautos wrote: Anyway, I think this is a worthwhile discussion, but perhaps we can do it in a new thread?
Done, as if by magic ;-)
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: New AEs (posts split from other thread)

Post by jdp3577 »

to be fair, most of the mods that have been promoted lately havent been voted in either.
#-John-#