How about a seperate authenticity forum?

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How about a seperate authenticity forum?

Post by Atomic ant »

I agree Andy.

Sometimes, you can show a hundred types of prove, and even then, be called a liar, just because, you show someones beloved autograph is not all it's cracked up to be.

There must be, a level of proof given, after which, noone can disagree.

But for anyone, who's happy with what they have, DO NOT ENTER, into that forum.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Generally good feedback so far, so how about it admin?
reaper07
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by reaper07 »

I like the idea but as it was already mentioned half of the posts will be locked because moderators will see conflicts starting and because of people who really start conflicts. And another problem is that some people in here have the feeling that they need to be rude when saying something is not authentic. *ggg*

If this is really done, it should be moderatored by an experienced moderator, please!!!!! *ggg*
Image ImageImageImageImage
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Well there's absolutely, no reason to be rude, when telling someone, that an autograph, is not authentic.

But beware, you will get an answer, that you may not like, I.E it's not authentic.

It will still make for a good forum. Why? because there should, always be room on this site for such like forums.

After all an autograph website, is all about the best way of getting, hopefully authentic autographs.

However, there must be room, for them, who do it for a bit of fun, and are happy for anything, they may recieve.

hangman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hangman »

I really like this idea Andy, and I hope admin will put it into effect! :mrgreen:
Isn't it time for a new siggy?? Visit HANGMAN'S GRAPHICS SHOP today!

{star} My site: http://www.freewebs.com/lanod/ {star} You can contact me with any questions here: hangman@fanmail.biz {star} Image ^siggy made by me
TheDonger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheDonger »

Manu80 wrote:I quite like the idea and I think it would stop a few arguments.

As for arguments resulting from this forum, the people requesting authenticity opinions have to be prepared to accept that it could be bad news and not good news.

Also if this were to go ahead I would like to see no questions regarding authenticity in the feedback forum, rather the member being directed to start a topic in the new section.

--Good luck getting this to happen, David
Exactly what I had in mind, no authenticity comments or debates in the feedback forum, just, well....feedback.

...and I don't believe that topics in the "authenticity" forum would be locked down anymore than topics in the feedback forum are now. In fact, I kinda agree with Manu in that it may actually lessen the amount of arguments, that is if it is watched carefully and ppl follow the rules.

Now we just wait and see if anything happens. :roll: I vote yes
Most recent success:Milla Jovovich
Collection Count:
Star Wars: 18
KOTOR 1&2: 5
NFL: 50
LOST: 5
All: 113
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hello! ;-)

I really like this idea, Andy! {thumb2} Some other autograph forums also have an authenticy forum, I think it would be very helpful here on Fanmail.biz with all these great experts! {up}

Regards,
Lizanne
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok. I will add a "Is my autograph authentic?" forum in a couple of days :mrgreen:

Who would like to moderate it?

Fanmail 8)
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

admin wrote:Ok. I will add a "Is my autograph authentic?" forum in a couple of days :mrgreen:

Who would like to moderate it?

Fanmail 8)
Thanks admin. I'll moderate if you like? And move all the relevant threads there too if you want, seeing as I have plenty of time on my hands ;-)
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Fantastic news {up} it will work well, so if anyone is just pleased, with whatever they get, they can remain happy with that.

Only thing I can see, is it may end up, a "yes it is" "no it is'ot" forum. Which is OK, but proof would need too be shown both sides.

So it's OK, to question proof, if you can provide proof.

I.E. so and so is authentic because. (proof) so and so is not authentic because. (proof)