E mail Abuse

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

E mail Abuse

Post by whosurdaddy »

I just have seen 2 successes via email which in my opinion is the perfect example of email abuse. A member posts a success on here with not only the email address but also the return address as well. Now two more successes are posted on here also received by email. Why did these members use email when they had the address? Looking at the posts by these two members it's clear to me they would rather email then write and spend a few dollars.
Why would you email someone whose team went 2-10 this season? I could see if it's Les Miles of LSU or any other successful coach. My opinion is if when received by email and the poster also adds a return address the email should be deleted.
Actually I have never been a big fan of not giving out email addresses but after seeing this it has my (never mind.)
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: E mail Abuse

Post by rpbluesman »

whosurdaddy wrote:I just have seen 2 successes via email which in my opinion is the perfect example of email abuse. A member posts a success on here with not only the email address but also the return address as well. Now two more successes are posted on here also received by email. Why did these members use email when they had the address? Looking at the posts by these two members it's clear to me they would rather email then write and spend a few dollars.
Why would you email someone whose team went 2-10 this season? I could see if it's Les Miles of LSU or any other successful coach. My opinion is if when received by email and the poster also adds a return address the email should be deleted.
Actually I have never been a big fan of not giving out email addresses but after seeing this it has my (never mind.)
I can see the point you're trying to make, but are you saying that you would rather send a letter than an email if you know the email works? And who's to say that the email isn't specifically for autograph requests?

And as for emailing someone whose team went 2-10....I don't see any relevance. If you're a fan of someone, it won't matter if they go 0-12, you'd still go for their autograph.
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

rpbluesman wrote: but are you saying that you would rather send a letter than an email if you know the email works?
Absolutely, Only time I use email is if no address can be found and it's the only contact info. available and even then I ask for an address and offer to send a sase.
x-autograph-girl-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-autograph-girl-x »

Hey :D

I see your point whosurdaddy and email addresses are being abused. If people really are fans of a celebrity and they are desperate to get their autograph, then they might show it by sending a letter. But I also agree with rpbluesman, if I knew an email worked for a celebrity I like then I would use it. That is just my opinion though. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion!

x-autograph-girl-x
See My Autograph Site: http://www.freewebs.com/autographgirlx

Interested In Girls Aloud? Please Check Out My Fansite! http://www.freewebs.com/girlsaloudfanclub/
reaper07
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by reaper07 »

I think this should not be generalized.

I agree that there are people who only want 'cheap' autographs and write to everybody. Best example is when somebody writes an e-mail to somebody, then gets his/her pictures and asks on here who it is. :roll:

This abuse is really bad for fans who for example simply can't write a letter and pay the postage because then I can understand if they send an e-mail.
Image ImageImageImageImage
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys {up}

I totally agree with whosurdaddy on this one. Even if somebody posts a success by email I would still write through the mail (including an SASE) 100% of the time. I think it is more polite, and I don't think that a possibly once-off generous act via email should be exploited.

I would certainly delete the email address if a working mailing (return) address has been posted.

Cheers,
Ian :mrgreen: