Ban the phrase "email success" from feedback thread titles

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Ban the phrase "email success" from feedback thread titles

Post by TheCollector »

Andy316 wrote:Thanks Ian, thats great news {thumb2}
No problem {up}
Andy316 wrote:Nice avatar by the way too :lol:
To be honest I am not too much of a cartoon freak, but I do love a bit of Tom & Jerry, and of course South Park and the Simpsons ;-)

Ian :mrgreen:
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Also, how about removing "Very fast success" "success in 2 days" etc, these kind of phrases. These are kind of green lights for dealers who watch the forum. It probably wont get the postal addresses shut down, but it would increase their fan mail and therefore increase the chance of the celeb stopping sending authenics, and certainly increase the "response time".

Thoughts?
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

I absolutely agree with you {up} Sadly as ever some people NEVER LISTEN.

another thing users, should stop is endlessly writing to the same celeb, and being selfish by getting them to sign their request. Indeed there SHOULD BE A LIMIT on the number of signed photos shown in one post, as it only makes others greedy.

Otherwise, everything is a free for all, and Yes Andy, you are so right the celeb will get bored, and then stop signing for everyone else.

Then noone gains, and in time this site will die, due to greed.

Sorry about being SO strong, as I would hate, people to lose out, just over the few.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Yeah some people request as many as 10 photos to be signed. I think all that needs to be in the thread title is the name and feedback description (Beverley Mitchell, success).
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

I agree any more than two items sent to a celeb, etc, In my opinion is overkill and abuse of the privelege however if anyone on here thinks that no matter what you do your going to curtail the amount of requests that some collectors send to celebs. your sadly mistaken. This is not, beyond popular belief by some the only autograph site. There is hundreds. Worldwide there is I'll guesstimate a million autograph collectors??? considering world population and the popularity of the hobby that may be a low guesstimate. There is more important things that are going on in this forum and in this hobby than worrying about emails, phones, amount of requests ETC. Let me just address the forum.... Let's as members,Admins, Mods. JM's start worrying about the members who are posting blatant forgeries on this site, let's address the members and JM's in particular who have more than one member name. Let's address the JM or Jm's who have or have had to decieve more than one member name that is still being allowed to be JM's. Let's address the age requirement, and let's address the sellers in the sell/buy/trade forum who are blatantly posting forged items and selling them to members on this site Do I believe email should be in the title post? NO,as long as the site is permitting the email address to be posted. It should be Joe Blow either success, failure, rts and that's it. The hobby will take care of itself, always has always will. Let's address the problems on this site. EDIT>> It's pretty sad when I come into chat and I see veteran Mods. who I respect questioning the administration on this site.

An old saying.....
I better not.
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Yes, I do concur with some of that. But lets never forget this site still works ok :D

And unlike, many others it's FREE, I too am a little worried, that some people may be selling fakes on here, but sadly you can not get away from that.

Another thing rather worries me. In one of my post, where I'm giving away a number of signed photos FREE, I have had replys from some, who I later found out where selling photos.

When I start sending these off next week, it's going to cost me nearly £20/$40 to send them, if then these, are only using me to sell more photos, which I'm giving them free too help them, then whats the point.

The reason why I did it in the first place was to help out {down}

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
hotgryffindor312
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hotgryffindor312 »

I think the phrase 'email success' should be banned, but not giving the fact that you sent an email. In your post, if it is an email success, the poster should write 'if you want the email, please PM me'. This will stop spammers from getting the email, becuase i doubt spammers have a logon to this site. :) Good idea?
Latest Success: Jennifer Badger, Jim Davis
Favorite Success: Kenneth Branagh, Robert Pattinson
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

The word "email" has been banned from the thread titles. Not just spammers get a hold of the email addresses, members on this site do too. Some collectors will email anyone just for an autograph to bulk up their collection.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

I agree with Andy that "telephone success" should also be banned from the topic title. Actually, I think that telephone successes should not be reported, since usually these are business phone lines that aren't supposed to be used to request signed photos.
Pamelavof
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ban the phrase "email success" from feedback thread titles

Post by Pamelavof »

Id have to agree. It shouldnt be done as an admin.

However, it could be done as a regular member. Go to each member in the member list, click on e-mail if it is enabled and send the message. That is what the link is for, right?