Ban the phrase "email success" from feedback thread titles

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Ban the phrase "email success" from feedback thread titles

Post by rpbluesman »

I can certainly see the points being made here, and I'm actually all for it. I can understand where you're comming from, and the more I think about it, the more plainly obvious the problem is.

I don't know if it could be made into a rule or not, but we'll see what happens ;-)
chanin-anezina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chanin-anezina »

I think that if it’s the only way you can contact them VIA email then I think you should still be able to post, as it is a success but it’s for people who spam the boxes that cause the most problems, it’s hard to decide what is best for the concern.
viewforum.php?f=71
Lily Allen Sub-Forum

mailto:chanin_anezina@fanmail.biz
Favourite success: Dani Harmer, Doris day Michael Owen and Ant & Dec, Fearne cotton
classictvguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by classictvguy »

I agree that the phrase :email success" should be banned from the title of the thread and I agree that it should be the name and success or failure.
James

Post by James »

If you have a look using the search button, find a sucess using an email address. Find one that has email in the title, then one that doesn't.. which one has more views? The one with email in the title.. it is abusing the system.

I'm for a ban on the word email in the title. {thumb2}
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

james wrote:If you have a look using the search button, find a sucess using an email address. Find one that has email in the title, then one that doesn't.. which one has more views? The one with email in the title.. it is abusing the system.

I'm for a ban on the word email in the title. {thumb2}
Also I'd like to see "telephone success" removed from titles too, before that gets abused also.

Name of celeb, success/failure, authentic/ap/pp/sec (optional) is all that should be posted in titles in my opinion.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys {up}

I tend to agree that the word email doesn't really need to appear in the title for feedback.

Probably the easiest way is for the moderator who acknowledges the success (or failure) to edit out the email reference in the title when they enter the member for the $10 Allposters certificate.

Unfotunately as far as I am aware we cannot set up an automatic (system) banning of the word otherwise it will be rejected everytime anyone makes any reference to the word email in their posting anywhere else on the forum :?

Hope this helps,
Ian :mrgreen:
RuleroftheWorld

TheCollector wrote:Hi guys {up}

I tend to agree that the word email doesn't really need to appear in the title for feedback.

Probably the easiest way is for the moderator who acknowledges the success (or failure) to edit out the email reference in the title when they enter the member for the $10 Allposters certificate.

Unfotunately as far as I am aware we cannot set up an automatic (system) banning of the word otherwise it will be rejected everytime anyone makes any reference to the word email in their posting anywhere else on the forum :?

Hope this helps,
Manual editing is fine, do you think theres a chance this could become a "set rule"? (As opposed to Mods just doing it if they've seen this thread)
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Andy316 wrote:Manual editing is fine, do you think theres a chance this could become a "set rule"? (As opposed to Mods just doing it if they've seen this thread)
Yes, I have PM'ed Admin about this, and if he also agrees then I will put a post in the Moderators and Admins forums to that effect.

Cheers,
Ian {up}
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys,

Sorry about the double post here, but I thought I would let you know that Admin is in full-agreeance, and the policy now with posting in Feedback will be - no references to "email success" etc in the titles of posts. Posts should only contain the celebs name and either "success" or "failure". Of course "RTS" will also be acceptable, but no reference to email or mail will be tolerated.

I know this will not deter some members who will search the listings by keyword, but it will make it more difficult to skim through the Feedback Forum and pick out the email successes.

I have posted instructions to all moderators in their respective forums. If anyone notices a post that has been missed after say 24 hours, then please let me know.

Thanks again for your suggestions - (see, we do listen ;-) :lol: )

RuleroftheWorld

TheCollector wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry about the double post here, but I thought I would let you know that Admin is in full-agreeance, and the policy now with posting in Feedback will be - no references to "email success" etc in the titles of posts. Posts should only contain the celebs name and either "success" or "failure". Of course "RTS" will also be acceptable, but no reference to email or mail will be tolerated.

I know this will not deter some members who will search the listings by keyword, but it will make it more difficult to skim through the Feedback Forum and pick out the email successes.

I have posted instructions to all moderators in their respective forums. If anyone notices a post that has been missed after say 24 hours, then please let me know.

Thanks again for your suggestions - (see, we do listen ;-) :lol: )

Thanks Ian, thats great news {thumb2} Nice avatar by the way too :lol: