"Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Moderator: admin

miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1712
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by miley cyrus fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:48 am

it ruins the fun of collecting guys ligthen up. guys it ruins it for the people who are in it for the fun not in it because their like example i got kenny rogers autograph and perfect he didnt personalize i can sell it and make lots of money. let the fun collectors like myslef have their fun and believe what we want. the thing is like many other menbers state the only time we know the autograph is 100 percent real is when we recieve it ip and also(my point) even if the autograph is bought and has a cof it may not be real but thats the fun of collecting. thanks guys i am not trying to argue but its true.

edit a pre print is very noteciable so if you say its a pre print then thats fair if a person just receives a auto from someone they really like then dont say oh its a secratarial thats really not nice to me anyway i am ranting like always but thats my two cents.
i dont want to aruge its my opinion only guys peace

***edited by a moderator due to inappropriate language***

The_Champion
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:45 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by The_Champion » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:58 am

miley cyrus fan wrote:it ruins the fun of collecting guys ligthen up. guys it ruins it for the people who are in it for the fun not in it because their like example i got kenny rogers autograph and perfect he didnt personalize i can sell it and make lots of money. let the fun collectors like myslef have their fun and believe what we want. the thing is like many other menbers state the only time we know the autograph is 100 percent real is when we recieve it ip and also(my point) even if the autograph is bought and has a cof it may not be real but thats the fun of collecting. thanks guys i am not trying to argue but its true.


Most of the people on this forum collect for the fun of it. It is more than ok to believe what you want. I have no problem with that. I just don't like being mislead, and I don't like more inexperienced people being mislead by people posting that PP and AP photos are authentic.
Last edited by The_Champion on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1712
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by miley cyrus fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:10 pm

The_Champion wrote:
miley cyrus fan wrote:it ruins the fun of collecting guys ligthen up. guys it ruins it for the people who are in it for the fun not in it because their like example i got kenny rogers autograph and perfect he didnt personalize i can sell it and make lots of money. let the fun collectors like myslef have their fun and believe what we want. the thing is like many other menbers state the only time we know the autograph is 100 percent real is when we recieve it ip and also(my point) even if the autograph is bought and has a cof it may not be real but thats the fun of collecting. thanks guys i am not trying to argue but its true.


Most of the people on this forum collect for the fun of it. It is more than ok to believe what you want. I have on problem with that. I just don't like being mislead, and I don't like more inexperienced people being mislead by people posting that PP and AP photos are authentic.


thanks champ that was very fair what you stated if their were rep points you would get a {up} from me but their is not anymore anyway thanks for being fair

User avatar
dgangel
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:02 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 100
Collector since: 2000
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by dgangel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:02 pm

I do not collect to sell, but I do wish to know if my autographs are authentic or not.

User avatar
miamizkitten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:41 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 3
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by miamizkitten » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:16 am

Ok, to stay on topic, I think the person who is posting their success should say whether or not they want to know if its real. If they don't specifically say so then they probably just don't want to know. So its best to not comment against its authenticity. I know when I post my future successes I will be asking for opinions.

Just personal choice.

rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:19 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by rpbluesman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:36 am

The real problem stems from members not being able to act mature when it comes to differences of OPINIONS

When Member_A posts his/her success and asks for opinions you'll have Member_B posting "That's secretarial....blah, blah, blah," and then you'll have Member_C posting "I disagree....in fact I think it's real, blah, blah, blah" and then the argument insues because Member_B/C can't accept the fact that other members may not agree with him, so he'll try to force the issue until the thread gets locked by a moderator. And in turn, Member_A may not like an opinion given to him, so he'll turn around and add fuel to the fire.

That in turn, gives the impression that the moderators on here are a strict bunch, and we're really not. Members think we are because we lock a bunch of topics every day...but if people would take the time and avoid the arguments and keep the discussions civil, there'd be no need to lock the threads. We encourage authenticity discussions, so long as everyone can accept the fact that not everyone will agree with everyone else's opinions

Back to the topic at hand. If all the members could just accept more than their own opinion, we'd have less arguments.

User avatar
efro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:54 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 41
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by efro » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:00 am

I think that Moderators should comment if autograph is authentic or it isn't. No one else should because someone else can have wrong opinion.

Eduard {up}
Image

1 4m 4U+Ogr4PH coLl3ct0R Phr0m cRo@+I4!!!

army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 43
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by army*gurl » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:53 am

that's a good point efro, but that's only if we assume that all moderators are experts on authenticity ... exactly how many moderators are experts on this forum? (and i am really asking because i really don't know [not trying to be sarcastic or anything].) until that's established ... i think we should all take a cue from rpbluesman's suggestions and just be civil with one anothers opinions ;-)
"When in doubt, faint." Keira Knightley

User avatar
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1353
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:06 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by jasonw » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 pm

efro wrote:I think that Moderators should comment if autograph is authentic or it isn't. No one else should because someone else can have wrong opinion.

Eduard {up}


Hi,
The definition of an opinion is ones thought/ideas towards something, an opinion is not a fact, and is all we can give towards a TTM success, as according to moderators on this site, 'no one knows 100% if a TTM is real or not, as we do not see it' so how can it be wrong?
Everyone should have their freedom of speech and anyways, it is not like moderators have 'the answer book'.
I think everyone should have the right to share their thoughts in this forum, and learn to respect others ideas.
Jason.
Jason.
Image

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!

rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:19 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by rpbluesman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:09 am

autos.jasonw wrote:Everyone should have their freedom of speech and anyways, it is not like moderators have 'the answer book'.


You're just determined to get on the moderators' bad side aren't you :neutral:

While we may not have "the answer book" part of being a moderator is being a little more knowledgeable than some members. While I don't agree the idea of us being the only ones who can post authenticity opinions.....so I guess I'll give that one too you.

I feel that all members should be able to freely express their opinions, IF THE THREAD STARTER ASKS FOR THEM. Do not simply drop into a random topic and type "That's secretarial" and then leave or just "autopen" and then leave.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest