pop-up problem

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
dgangel

pop-up problem

Post by dgangel »

Hey,

i've been getting a lot of popups which are blocked, and then the mcafee thing pops up and says that a trojan has been found and needs to be quaranteened and deleted. Can the site stop supporting these types of ads?
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: pop-up problem

Post by TheMailman »

dgangel wrote:Hey,

i've been getting a lot of popups which are blocked, and then the mcafee thing pops up and says that a trojan has been found and needs to be quaranteened and deleted. Can the site stop supporting these types of ads?
I've had the same before :|
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

yeah, I mean I dont mind them if they make the site work. But I dont want ones that contain viruses :|
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I would suggest that you do a couple of things.

A - I would contact admin directly about this, as he can probably stop the popups. (I would give a description of what the pop-ups look like)

B - Make sure you scan your computer for viruses that McAffe doesn't catch right away.
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

thanks rpbluesman,

but I do not know what the pop ups look like, because a little bar comes up at the top of the screen and says "this addon has been stopped", then the mcafee thing comes up. The computer isnt running any differently though so I guess the viruses have been deleted, if there are any..
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

this virus seems to have something to do with microsoft office, It must be trying to go there because everytime my virus blocker picks it up, my computer starts trying to install it because I dont have it, which locks it up and I have to reboot
#-John-#
lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

Hey everyone :)

When was the last time you received an anti-virus message?

I e-mailed admin a few days ago and he said he would report it. Since then, I haven't received the message again.

If you do see it again, please post a screen cap of the message itself, as well as any ads present on the forum at that time.

Just wondering, are you being told the file is called 'adwerkz.cab'?

Joel 8)
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

I last picked up the virus about a half an hour ago. I posted the message right after I rebooted
#-John-#
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I got one 3 or 4 weeks ago. But like Courtney said, nothing comes up except McAfee where it said it managed to delete and remove it :|
lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

Thanks everyone. {up}

I just e-mailed admin again. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :mrgreen:

Joel 8)