Private Address Category

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
supertoneman
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Private Address Category

Post by supertoneman »

ScottishDan wrote:The fact that all members supporting this idea have only joined this site this year and all members against this idea have been on here for many years probably sums it up.
just cause those who have been here for years are against it. well i just joined this site and one thing i have seen out of some of you who have been here is that you don't guide as much to private addresses. i do have insight on what could work. you might be against the change, but you are not thinking outside the box. do you remember how you got into this hobby and what you had to do to get where you are on experience. the category would help guide people to get knowledge on how to find the addresses they need. it is up to the person who posts the success whether or not they give it out. the trash is not the place for success'. some of these new faces that are joining can offer insight to what could make this site better. it is like a recipe to make this site better. you may disagree with it, but if people cannot help others on this site then why keep the site going with faulty addresses.
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
dylans dad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dylans dad »

Well put supertoneman.
Hatsawayfan1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hatsawayfan1 »

I am all for it. If you guys don't want it, then DON'T come on. This website is as much yours as it is ours. {up}
Lesmizlover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lesmizlover »

Nicely put opinions For it side (my side!)
-lesmizlover
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Follow my Instagram for collecting: @the_autograph

Most Wanted: Les Miz Cast, Hunger Games Cast, Harry Potter Cast, Ellen Degeneres, Kathie Lee and Hoda, Taylor Swift, JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Katy Perry, Divergent Cast, Ariana Grande, John Green, TFIOS Cast

Successes: Chad Henne(IP),Selena Gomez(SFM),Amanda Seyfred, Isabelle Allen, Misty May-Treanor, Donald Trump, Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling (PP), Ariana Grande, Cameron Ocasio, Jennette McCurdy, Kelly Clarkson, Drake Bell, Victoria Justice, Eric Stonestreet, Ashley Wagner, Paul Wylie (IP), Gracie Gold, Harry Connick Jr., Selena Gomez, Janelle Arthur, Jason Dolley (VV), Bridget Mendler, Peyton List, Elle Fanning, Rupert Grint (PP and authentic VV), Christopher Paolini, Maree Cheatham, Sam and Cat Cast, Marie Lu, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Carl Hiaasen, Gayle Forman, Chloë Grace Moretz, Theo James, Veronica Roth x4, Alexander Ludwig, Willow Shields, and Sam Claffin
Bjsblue1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bjsblue1 »

Great idea! You have my vote! :lol:
Never Give Up...Never Let Go...Never Give In- Psanders (Peyton Sanders)
“I was so upset, I forgot to be happy.” – Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh
“You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
“So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I.” – Mufasa, The Lion King
Nickriggi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nickriggi »

Got my vote as well, seems like a great idea
~PLEASE! Do not comment on my topics saying that they are not real, if I think they are real, let me think that. Although, I do ask that you agree with me on an authentic autograph if I say it is real. Thank you!
Favorite Successes: In This Moment x2 (IP), Bam Margera x3, Asking Alexandria x2 (IP)
Wanted: Avenged Sevenfold, Maria Brink, Emma Stone, Emma Roberts, Walking Dead Cast
**Successes: AP - 8 | PSP - 1 | IP - 27 | PP - 2 | Total - 38**
I am ALWAYS looking for trades, please ask me what I have available, and tell me what you have to offer.
Join My Autograph Selling & Trading Site! http://nickriggi.com/forums/index.php
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

The thing is you need to provide proof of where you sent to and where the autograph came from which is why things get deleted without a address which makes sence because by posting successes from private addresses you can either put the address and ruin the celebs privacy or not post it which you want to do but by doing that it will just cause the poster to get tons of PM messages with people begging for the address which will lead to private trading of addresses and all sorts of other problems and possibly even some people asking for money for the private addresses and also without posting the address with your success you could have bought the autograph or lie about how you got it which is why Admin asks for proof which is address and picture of envelope with return address {up} Why dont you guys just start a new website for private address people if you are so worried about it and dont seem to be happy with this site how it is now. Just post the successes in feedback with the address or dont post because isnt this site about posting the address if you can to help others rather than posting a success with no address which really is just bragging and fishing for compliments. :?
supertoneman

Post by supertoneman »

johnnylightninglives wrote:The thing is you need to provide proof of where you sent to and where the autograph came from which is why things get deleted without a address which makes sence because by posting successes from private addresses you can either put the address and ruin the celebs privacy or not post it which you want to do but by doing that it will just cause the poster to get tons of PM messages with people begging for the address which will lead to private trading of addresses and all sorts of other problems and possibly even some people asking for money for the private addresses and also without posting the address with your success you could have bought the autograph or lie about how you got it which is why Admin asks for proof which is address and picture of envelope with return address {up} Why dont you guys just start a new website for private address people if you are so worried about it and dont seem to be happy with this site how it is now. Just post the successes in feedback with the address or dont post because isnt this site about posting the address if you can to help others rather than posting a success with no address which really is just bragging and fishing for compliments. :?
the thing is that they have a category for everything else. why not a private address category. is it cause one would rather be a lazy and not want to do a little homework. posting a private address category they can still put the envelopes in the picture with the success. at least it would not be like a VV address that people are not able to get after so long. VV addresses expire and people don't always get the success till after it does expire. where a private address would be able to at least be traded for something that someone needs. as for people selling the addresses, should it not be fair that if you are going to take advantage of someone's time and hard work that they deserve to do that. people are able to do it now as it is. a success is a success does it belong in a garbage bin. how would you feel if all your autographs that you receive that are authentic ended up in the trash when you just want to show your friends what you have. again think outside the box for a second and treat it like it were your autograph that was thrown away in reality. you say that posting a success with no address is just bragging and fishing for compliments well when i post the city that i sent to yet i am knocked for not helping others. i could care less if people compliment my success or not. it is not that i am against the site the way it is now. i just have ideas on what could make it better. i do say that if you have a problem with change, or other people offering an idea up that might improve the site. well why even have a forum ideas column. this is what it is for. if ideas are not taken into consideration then remove this column.
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

supertoneman wrote:
johnnylightninglives wrote:The thing is you need to provide proof of where you sent to and where the autograph came from which is why things get deleted without a address which makes sence because by posting successes from private addresses you can either put the address and ruin the celebs privacy or not post it which you want to do but by doing that it will just cause the poster to get tons of PM messages with people begging for the address which will lead to private trading of addresses and all sorts of other problems and possibly even some people asking for money for the private addresses and also without posting the address with your success you could have bought the autograph or lie about how you got it which is why Admin asks for proof which is address and picture of envelope with return address {up} Why dont you guys just start a new website for private address people if you are so worried about it and dont seem to be happy with this site how it is now. Just post the successes in feedback with the address or dont post because isnt this site about posting the address if you can to help others rather than posting a success with no address which really is just bragging and fishing for compliments. :?
the thing is that they have a category for everything else. why not a private address category. is it cause one would rather be a lazy and not want to do a little homework. posting a private address category they can still put the envelopes in the picture with the success. at least it would not be like a VV address that people are not able to get after so long. VV addresses expire and people don't always get the success till after it does expire. where a private address would be able to at least be traded for something that someone needs. as for people selling the addresses, should it not be fair that if you are going to take advantage of someone's time and hard work that they deserve to do that. people are able to do it now as it is. a success is a success does it belong in a garbage bin. how would you feel if all your autographs that you receive that are authentic ended up in the trash when you just want to show your friends what you have. again think outside the box for a second and treat it like it were your autograph that was thrown away in reality. you say that posting a success with no address is just bragging and fishing for compliments well when i post the city that i sent to yet i am knocked for not helping others. i could care less if people compliment my success or not. it is not that i am against the site the way it is now. i just have ideas on what could make it better. i do say that if you have a problem with change, or other people offering an idea up that might improve the site. well why even have a forum ideas column. this is what it is for. if ideas are not taken into consideration then remove this column.
You have the right to bring up new ideas and you have stated your point of view on this idea and so have i so not much point in talking about it anymore because either it will happen or it wont and it hopefully and probably wont because its abad idea and no people dont deserve to flaunt private successes and then sell that information if they choose,you kind of made my point by saying that ....Bad Idea ;-) [ca]
dylans dad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dylans dad »

When you use the address in database and get a sec or PP the site considers that a success when its not. Its just that you used their info to get something thats not really a success.Leaving up these addresses is worse than posting a real success with a different address that if you really want that person and not a sec you can find it with some work. Bottom line Johnny I respectfully disagree.