A "does so-and-so send authentics" forum

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A "does so-and-so send authentics" forum

Post by HappinessStan »

Since we're not supposed to offer opinions on authenticity on the "feedback" forum, how about a forum where posters ARE allowed to ask about and discuss the authenticity of TTM sigs? Or is this already part of the remit of "Is my autograph authentic"?

If someone is sending (particularly overseas, going to the expense and inconvenience of obtaining foreign stamps, or IRCs), and sees a load of successes on the feedback forum which others on here know to be secretarial/autopen but don't post because of board etiquette then the board becomes immediately devalued.

I know that there are the "does so and so send secretarials" threads, but unless they are tidied up they are not very useful. A whole forum full of lively threads like the recent Dick Van Dyke one is the sort of thing I had in mind, where if posters who would like to remain in ignorance don't need to go, but where those who want to know if the response is likely to be a genuine one can ask these questions.
rachael

Re: A "does so-and-so send authentics" forum

Post by rachael »

I personally assumed this would fall under 'Is my autograph authentic?', and that would be where I would post such a thread, but maybe admin can come along and clarify?
Here is my selling website. Lots of autographs for sale! http://www.rachaelgrant.com/items/
Favourite: Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling, Alan Rickman, River Phoenix, Evangeline Lily
Want: Randy Harrison signed theatre items
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: A "does so-and-so send authentics" forum

Post by Jaffer »

I have proposed this before, but I think it had too much common sense to be implemented ;)
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard