some of my ideas

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

some of my ideas

Post by countrygal23 »

Hi here are some of my ideas:

1) Deleting members who don't come on anymore
-And members who have 0-10 posts and then don't come on anymore

2) Making the forums private to non-members aka guests
- Meaning like the members has to have a certain amount of posts to access a forum
- Having to be register

3) New TM, Mods., etc. and getting rid of TM and Mods. who don't come on anymore

4) Deleting locked topics
- Seriously, whats the point of keeping a locked topic?

I hope you agree with my ideas. And i would love to hear comments and hear your opinions :)
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! im back and ready to start helping out!
dueby_boys

Re: some of my ideas

Post by dueby_boys »

i agree with the 1st one and the 4th one. however i dont agree with the 2nd one. whats wrong with guests taking a look around the site. people may think this hobby is kool but they may not wanna register. whats wrong with having some guests?

no comment about these mods :lol:
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

dueby_boys wrote:i agree with the 1st one and the 4th one. however i dont agree with the 2nd one. whats wrong with guests taking a look around the site. people may think this hobby is kool but they may not wanna register. whats wrong with having some guests?

well because guests might come just for the addresses and thats not right
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Classikmetal »

Putting up the forum as private to keep out guests would defeat the purpose of the first one. People will then sign up just to get addresses and not post on here, then therefore, get deleted.
dueby_boys

Post by dueby_boys »

countrygal23 wrote:
dueby_boys wrote:i agree with the 1st one and the 4th one. however i dont agree with the 2nd one. whats wrong with guests taking a look around the site. people may think this hobby is kool but they may not wanna register. whats wrong with having some guests?

well because guests might come just for the addresses and thats not right
well this isnt a myspace/facebook type of site. this is 95% mainly for addresses and trying to get successes from people that we love and admire. so i still disagree. however good someone is trying to change some things that need changing. {up}
dueby_boys

Post by dueby_boys »

Classikmetal wrote:Putting up the forum as private to keep out guests would defeat the purpose of the first one. People will then sign up just to get addresses and not post on here, then therefore, get deleted.
thats what im taking about. so why put it as private..lol. you made my point. thank you. i just couldnt put it in those exact words. LOL {up}
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

I don't understand why deleting inactive members would be necessary. It’s meaningless and a massive amount of work. How would deleting inactive members improve this forum? This same reason goes for deleting inactive TM's and Mod's. Although deleting TM and Mod accounts is more realistic than deleting regular member accounts, I still don’t see the point… We are actually currently voting on the possibility of a new TM. Many locked topics can be incredibly useful. I use them here and there for addresses and other information.
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

#1 and #4 is pretty pointless. There's no reason to delete members just because they don't have enough posts (to whatever standard that may be), and there's no reason to delete locked posts because there could still be useful information there.

#2 I absolutely hate. No real forum would do this.

#3 I agree with. This forum needs new moderators, and the ones that haven't been around and/or aren't doing work should be demoted back to being regular members. Leaving them with moderator privileges is a security risk.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Deleting members who don't come on anymore
-Some people do come for addresses, and see other members successes.
deleting members would not affect anything .

2) Making the forums private to non-members aka guests
We do want people to join, what fourms are you talking about?
i noticed that on other sites you have to make a certain # of post before you access a certain fourm, i dont get that
i dont see why cetain forum/ topics should be private for any reason.

3) New TM, Mods., etc. and getting rid of TM and Mods. who don't come on anymore
Yea i can see where your going with that. most of the mods are active just dont make alot of posts/comment.
the mods still lock topics..move topics..remove spam. ect. they do a good job. im sure a few mods are not active anymore,
and if mods dont do thier job in a certain amount of time they should be removed.

4) Deleting locked topics
Well, i like looking at some of the past feedback. Lets say you want to look at the signing habbits of Donald trump, you could look through all of the old feedback ,and you can see how long it usually takes and useful infomation like that. I do agree if the topic is locked and its not useful, it should be deleted.
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

dfreely wrote:#1 and #4 is pretty pointless. There's no reason to delete members just because they don't have enough posts (to whatever standard that may be), and there's no reason to delete locked posts because there could still be useful information there.

#2 I absolutely hate. No real forum would do this.

#3 I agree with. This forum needs new moderators, and the ones that haven't been around and/or aren't doing work should be demoted back to being regular members. Leaving them with moderator privileges is a security risk.
1) I mean like deleting members who havent logged on in like 1 or 2 years and only have 0-10 posts. And i never said delete them if they dont have enough posts i said we should delete them because they havent came on in 1-2 years AND like if they only have 0-10 posts because they use it just to get VV address,etc.

2) if you go on http://www.celebautos.co.uk and look at how a member would have to have a certain amount of points.

4) I mean deleting topics that are called delete and lock and have no info.