some of my ideas

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: some of my ideas

Post by dfreely »

Your formatting didn't make it easy to understand the first time around.

1. What's the point in deleting old accounts, regardless of how long it's been inactive, etc? It's not like they're doing any harm.

2. Celebautos.com just leads to a holding page, there's no site there. Either way, the whole "guest lockout" thing is just incredibly, incredibly stupid for a public forum.

4. Sure, I can agree with that.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Blocking out certain parts of the forum for people that have less then a certain amount of posts is a good idea. For example it would work in the sale/trade section, since the rules are that you need 100 posts to be able to sell or trade, it would make it easier if it was just invisible for anyone with less then a 100 posts. But I doubt that would ever be implemented here.
Topics usually get locked because someone bumps up an old topic (old as in 6 months+) There's no reason to delete the topic because the information might still be interesting to read, but maybe not relevant/current anymore.
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

dfreely wrote:Your formatting didn't make it easy to understand the first time around.

1. What's the point in deleting old accounts, regardless of how long it's been inactive, etc? It's not like they're doing any harm.

2. Celebautos.com just leads to a holding page, there's no site there. Either way, the whole "guest lockout" thing is just incredibly, incredibly stupid for a public forum.

4. Sure, I can agree with that.
2) Oh sorry. here it is http://celebautos.co.uk/index
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! im back and ready to start helping out!
wywl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wywl »

It’s meaningless and a massive amount of work. How would deleting inactive members improve this forum? This same reason goes for deleting inactive TM's and Mod's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I personally think the biggest thing this site needs is to not allow any selling of autographs or links to sites where people are selling autographs. I know some people just sell the odd autograph here and there but i see lots of people selling alot of autographs and who is to say they arent just dealers posing as a fan who needs to sell their collection and others are right out just selling and putting links to their sites. I know some people are going to say well its a way for some people who are willing to pay to get autographs but this is suppose to be a site for discussing autographs and collecting and for getting addresses for the fun of autograph collecting and not for sleazy sellers to peddle their goods to a captive audience. Or at the very least limit the amount people can sell and delete the obvious dealers!!!
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

wywl wrote:It’s meaningless and a massive amount of work. How would deleting inactive members improve this forum? This same reason goes for deleting inactive TM's and Mod's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I didnt say delete the inactive TM's and Mod's. i mean not letting them be TM's and Mods. anymore.
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! im back and ready to start helping out!