Politician

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
Sarah_like_daffodils
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Politician

Post by Sarah_like_daffodils »

I think we should make a politician category for searching.

I mean, we have directors, authors, etc.

Why not politician as well?
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Politician

Post by Theone30 »

I would definatly be for the idea. I just don't think it would happen, or do I think there a lot of people who really political autographs

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

That would be a good idea, but would the people be listed as "Governor of California" or should the listing be "Arnold Schwarzenegger", keep in mind he won't be Governor for long, so does he than get dropped from the politician listings? I think it's a good idea, but does Sarah Palin get listed as a Politician, technically she is not, either way I'm sure someone will be annoyed and complain to no end, but I'd certainly like to see a Politician listing
Most Recently Sent: Larry King,George Foreman
Most Recent Successes: Bret Michaels, RL Stine
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Favorite Personalization: Henry Winkler (Fonzie)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

what if the forum said them "political figures" then someone like Sarah palin can most devinatly be listed along with many others. Active or in active they always will be considerd a politcal figure. It's like saying a retirerd baseball player is not a player. It doesn't make sence.

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

Theone30 wrote:what if the forum said them "political figures" then someone like Sarah palin can most devinatly be listed along with many others. Active or in active they always will be considerd a politcal figure. It's like saying a retirerd baseball player is not a player. It doesn't make sence.
A retired baseball player is not a player......... anyway the point was that there are many, many current politicians as well as many more politicians who used to fill those positions, we're talking hundreds, and possibly thousands of people, it seems like a huge job. While I agree that Sarah Palin would certainly fit into the catagory, I'm sure others are a little bit more in the grey catagory, for example, would Ben Stein be in this catagory? I say yes, while others could argue that he should be in the actor catagory. I'm not saying I have the answers on this, I'm just saying I think it's a big task (one which I support) and I'm sure it'll cause a number of arguments on the board
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
Sarah_like_daffodils
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Actually, the reason I made this post was because I couldn't find a category under which to look for Sarah Palin, so I did a custom search instead. I think there are quite a few people in that same gray area.
Sarah_like_daffodils
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Theone30 wrote:what if the forum said them "political figures" then someone like Sarah palin can most devinatly be listed along with many others. Active or in active they always will be considerd a politcal figure. It's like saying a retirerd baseball player is not a player. It doesn't make sence.

I agree with everything said here.
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

Sarah_like_daffodils wrote:Actually, the reason I made this post was because I couldn't find a category under which to look for Sarah Palin, so I did a custom search instead. I think there are quite a few people in that same gray area.
I've acually been trying to get to a Palin book signing before I try TTM. The main issue seems to be that there will always be an address that can be found easily (basic google search will do) for the current Governor/Congressman/Senator in any state, but it would be difficult to find one for these people after they are out of office. Many are out of the public eye and generally speaking this site does not post home addresses.

But the really good news about Palin, the most recent success got an autographed photo as well as a hand written letter
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

magicdude20 wrote:I've acually been trying to get to a Palin book signing before I try TTM.
I've been hoping she would stop in Chicago for her book signing tour. I would have liked to have her sign a copy for my dad for Christmas, but she blatantly snubbed Chicago. {down}

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
grace12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grace12 »

deleted