Sports feedback only?

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sports feedback only?

Post by osiris »

cards918 wrote:2. No, there are 2 industries, Sports and Entertainment. Politics falls under entertainment.
Since when does it? Politics =/= Entertainment.
packrat wrote: But in any event, it would be nice to see sports related successes made easier to find. (As an aside, I often wonder if those who mostly go for celebrity autographs resent seeing sports related successes posted in the feedback forum...)
Why would we resent it? We just don't click on them.
If we have a seperate board for sports we'll need to divide that into TTM, VV, IP... that's a lot of extra boards, it'll just make things cluttered.
packrat

Post by packrat »

osiris wrote:If we have a seperate board for sports we'll need to divide that into TTM, VV, IP... that's a lot of extra boards, it'll just make things cluttered.
Actually, you would only need two. There's TTM and IP. That's it. No such thing as VV for sports.

Things are cluttered as it is, setting up a new forum for sports related successes would actually help to unclutter things a bit.
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

How in the heck would it clutter?

I seperates some of the successes...I talk to people all the time and I tell them to go here and they are shocked that there are sport successes here.

They never thought to even check it...

It's obviously a good idea since it does get brought up every couple months...
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

packrat wrote: Actually, you would only need two. There's TTM and IP. That's it. No such thing as VV for sports.
Is there no difference between sending to an agent and sending to a stadium then? Or sending to a chat show that they might be appearing on? Etc etc.

And hey, it's just my opinion. You have yours, I have mine :)
Dysphoria
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dysphoria »

You're pretty much wasting your time arguing about this as it will never happen. This forum's administrator couldn't care less about any suggestion ;-)
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

That's because 90% of the members here are overseas and the only sport is futbol....

That is also why I left the boards in the first place and why you have 20,000 members but rarely are there over 100 people online...
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

cards918 wrote:That's because 90% of the members here are overseas and the only sport is futbol....
Erm no it's not? What about Cricket? Rugby? Boxing? Gymnastics? Rowing? Cycling? Skiing? Darts? All the sports played at the Olympics and Winter Olympics?

Even taking all that into account... sports autographs are in the minority. If it were say even a 30/70 split, then maybe a seperate section would be adequate.
packrat

Post by packrat »

osiris wrote:Is there no difference between sending to an agent and sending to a stadium then? Or sending to a chat show that they might be appearing on? Etc etc.
Nobody sends requests to the agent, always to the player. Most people send requests for active players c/o the team; retired players via home address (or work address, if applicable). It's all the same, sending TTM. If a player is appearing on a talk show or simular venue, there is no need to send to that venue, since we can have better luck sending to their home or the stadium. Nobody does that. It does, however, represent an IP opportunity, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.
osiris wrote:Even taking all that into account... sports autographs are in the minority. If it were say even a 30/70 split, then maybe a seperate section would be adequate.
Well, consider this possiblity -- more pages for more advertising space. Increased revenue...
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

packrat wrote:
osiris wrote:Is there no difference between sending to an agent and sending to a stadium then? Or sending to a chat show that they might be appearing on? Etc etc.
Nobody sends requests to the agent, always to the player. Most people send requests for active players c/o the team; retired players via home address (or work address, if applicable). It's all the same, sending TTM. If a player is appearing on a talk show or simular venue, there is no need to send to that venue, since we can have better luck sending to their home or the stadium. Nobody does that. It does, however, represent an IP opportunity, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.
osiris wrote:Even taking all that into account... sports autographs are in the minority. If it were say even a 30/70 split, then maybe a seperate section would be adequate.
Well, consider this possiblity -- more pages for more advertising space. Increased revenue...
Fair enough, I'm uneducated on the whole sports autograph biz. And yeah... increased revenue.... not really an issue, except for Admin. I'm here to help you guys out, best I can, Admin's the only one gaining here.
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

show of hands...

Anyone ever send a request to a rower? skier? cricket player?

probably not...