Sports feedback only?

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sports feedback only?

Post by cards918 »

I have brought this up before and it was negatively recieved

I really think that there are 2 major markets, Sports and Entertainment

To be honest, This site is based largely upon the entertainment industry of the hobby

I think that it would attract a whole new variety of people if you would veiw sports successes/failures apart from the others

It's just simpler that way I think and would make the forum much easier to use for collectors like myself, who collect sports ttm autos

Just a thought, feedback apreciated

Thanks
Dysphoria
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sports feedback only?

Post by Dysphoria »

I agree 100%. I collect both entertainment and sports autographs, but would like to see them in seperate sub-forums. It'll never happen though :roll:
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

As much as I do agree with this, we will never see it happening.
The reasons that have been given are that there are not enough moderators to watch it to be able to add an extra board. And also that if they decide to split it into categories like this then people are going to be demanding seperate feedback boards for all categories like politics etc.
I personally feel that the sports board isn't used nearly enough so I think it should be replaced with a sports feedback board as we do get a lot of sports feedback on this site, and if anyone wishes to discuss sports then they could do so in general discussion. But I know people won't like that idea!
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

I'll moderate it....

I'm sure we can find other people that are willing as well
mufcdd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mufcdd »

Bad idea, for reasons Ive stated many times.

1) What happens if a sports star goes into movies, fore example? Wheres the feedback go?

2) It will result in people wanting more specific forums. TV, movies, Disney, soccer, football, baseball, golf, tennis.

I log on about once a day on average and use the "active topics" link to scroll through all new threads in about 2 minutes. If I see something I like, I open it in a new tab, otherwise I ignore it. <- This method alone takes out any argument about "sifting through non-sport threads" IMO.

Theres no need for seperating the forums IMO.

And for the record - I'm primarily a sports collector, so I'm far from biased.
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

x hayley x wrote:As much as I do agree with this, we will never see it happening.
The reasons that have been given are that there are not enough moderators to watch it to be able to add an extra board. And also that if they decide to split it into categories like this then people are going to be demanding seperate feedback boards for all categories like politics etc.
I personally feel that the sports board isn't used nearly enough so I think it should be replaced with a sports feedback board as we do get a lot of sports feedback on this site, and if anyone wishes to discuss sports then they could do so in general discussion. But I know people won't like that idea!
actually, back when everyone was requesting a sports forum, it was a sports feedback forum people were wanting. I know that was the impression I had when I ask to moderate it, but admin interpreted to mean a forum to talk about sports
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

mufcdd wrote:Bad idea, for reasons Ive stated many times.

1) What happens if a sports star goes into movies, fore example? Wheres the feedback go?

2) It will result in people wanting more specific forums. TV, movies, Disney, soccer, football, baseball, golf, tennis.

I log on about once a day on average and use the "active topics" link to scroll through all new threads in about 2 minutes. If I see something I like, I open it in a new tab, otherwise I ignore it. <- This method alone takes out any argument about "sifting through non-sport threads" IMO.

Theres no need for seperating the forums IMO.

And for the record - I'm primarily a sports collector, so I'm far from biased.
1. Your thinking way to far into this...it's just antohter forum...

2. No, there are 2 industries, Sports and Entertainment. Politics falls under entertainment.

It just makes sense...that's all there is to it...
mufcdd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mufcdd »

cards918 wrote:1. Your thinking way to far into this...it's just antohter forum...

2. No, there are 2 industries, Sports and Entertainment. Politics falls under entertainment.

It just makes sense...that's all there is to it...
1) "Thinking too much" is "stating the obvious problems" with the idea? No, not at all.

Its "just another forum" for now, yes. Which leads me to #2...

2) Yes, there are 2 industries, but thats irrelevant, there have already been multiple requests for the forums to split into loads of subsections like I mentioned above - splitting general/sport would just be the beginning.

This thread and debate is irrelevant though, it comes up every 2 months, and has done for the last 2-3 years at least, and never, ever, happens, and never will.

I dont think its needed - TBHIMO.
cards918
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cards918 »

Well I think that's a mistake and it IS needed and would make this site better

But whatever...
packrat

Post by packrat »

I agree that it would be a great idea.

If the topic keeps coming up every two months, then perhaps that could mean there is enough of a demand to justify a separate forum...

If the sport star goes into movies, then movie related successes could go into "entertainment" and if it is a sports related success it could go into "sports". Was that so hard?

But in any event, it would be nice to see sports related successes made easier to find. (As an aside, I often wonder if those who mostly go for celebrity autographs resent seeing sports related successes posted in the feedback forum...)

Never say never!