Apperances at hobby shows

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
packrat

Apperances at hobby shows

Post by packrat »

There are often hobby or collector shows that occur where they have celebrities or retired atheletes giving autographs (for a fee, of course). Many of these shows offer the opportunity to send in an item that can be signed by the celebrity/athlete (again, for a fee). It could be an opportunity to obtain an autograph from some some of the people that are hard to get TTM, in some instances it can be cheaper than sending a check directly to the celebrity/athlete for the charity of their choice.

For instance, in Syracuse, NY, there is a "Collectorsfest" coming up soon where a former Buffalo Bills football player is signing for ten dollars in person, $13.00 on your item by mail. A few months back they had several baseball players and three actors from Three's Company signing.

There are also personal appearances by athletes/celebrities where they sign for free at certain stores, usually in large-sized cities. I know these are rare, but recently Masi Oka did so in NYC. Had I known about it I might have driven down there.

Why not have a sub-forum for these events?
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Apperances at hobby shows

Post by legendwithoutaname »

There are whole sites that deal with just them. Too many events

Visit a site such as this one : http://www.celebritybooksigningsandevents.com/