Clean up the forums

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Clean up the forums

Post by omgitscaro »

khackdrums wrote:
omgitscaro wrote:What about removing the "SOLD OUT!" threads in the for sale/exchange forums? :?
The moderation team chooses to keep these “Sold” threads instead of deleting them. Why? It's all due to how the reward points sytem currently operates. In order to reward points, members need to include a link to the original thread as proof that a transaction took place. In the case that problems arise in the future concerning points rewarded, these original threads need to be accessed. If we deleted these threads, we would be unable to do this. I agree, the points system needs a complete overhaul. {up}

Khackdrums :D
Ok I understand, thanks ;-)
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Clean up the forums

Post by magicdude20 »

while I understand why people want these old posts deleted, I find them helpfull from time to time. Sometimes when writting to someone, every recent poster has provided a picture, but someone from like 4 years ago didn't send a picture and the celeb did. That's helpfull to me, and I'm assuming to others as well. But the "please delete" posts as well as many that have locked for obvious reasons could also be deleted, but I understand how time consuming it would be
Most Recently Sent: Larry King,George Foreman
Most Recent Successes: Bret Michaels, RL Stine
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Favorite Personalization: Henry Winkler (Fonzie)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92