Clean up the forums

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
Isaiah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Clean up the forums

Post by Isaiah »

That would be a terrible idea. In fact, if you were to do that, I would promptly leave this forum and never return again. I enjoy using the "search" feature for topics, successes and failures etc. It would take the fun out of this, removing allthe old posts. They are documents of the past, and do have a purpose. They are the best bits of the forum. Ignore the original poster of this thread please, and PLEASE do not delete old topics. Bad idea!!

Isaiah
World's biggest Yoko Ono fan!
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

It's a so-so idea.

IMO I mean there are some useful threads that need to stay (of course!), but I do agree with removing the:

"DELETE" threads.

LOCKED threads (like the abundant "not enough posts to sell" threads, etc)
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I'm not a big fan of this idea. I like looking at past posts to get an idea what has happened before. Like someone said above, pruning them would be the best bet.

I also don't think Admin would want too many of the pages cut. It affects the site's Alexa rating with google.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Posts that were posted in past are very useful...This is how I find out if there are any chances I'll get something back if I enclose only SAE (that's what I rarely do but sometimes this is the only way...), if someone signs or what address to use to write to someone (you can't always find one at the database and sometimes it was posted before on here). And sometimes the useful posts are those that were posted in 2005. So I do not agree with you.
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
packrat

Post by packrat »

Actually, any reports of successes/failures over a year old are virtually useless. I only go by recent successes myself since people move, change agents, and signing habits. All the other stuff gets repeated constantly even though most of it is in a FAQ thread. No need to keep those around either.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

I like the idea but I do understand the hesitations because of all the work and time needed for this.

What about keeping the celebritie's feedback page only a page? Some people (Keira Knightly for example) have pages of feedback. What about deleting the older ones to leave her feedback only on one page? That way if the lesser known people only have 1 or 2 feedbacks, they will be left alone, no matter how old they are.

Still, I understand this will be a big project and might not need to be done, but at least get the "Please delete" topics deleted. :D

BossC
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

i would gladly volunteer to help clean the forums. and like delete all the topics that say delete. p.s. Merry christmas!!
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! im back and ready to start helping out!
Beau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Beau »

I think this topic will always be an issue, I agree that some of the older posts can be deleted, be I can why it's not being done.
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

What about removing the "SOLD OUT!" threads in the for sale/exchange forums? :?
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

omgitscaro wrote:What about removing the "SOLD OUT!" threads in the for sale/exchange forums? :?
The moderation team chooses to keep these “Sold” threads instead of deleting them. Why? It's all due to how the reward points sytem currently operates. In order to reward points, members need to include a link to the original thread as proof that a transaction took place. In the case that problems arise in the future concerning points rewarded, these original threads need to be accessed. If we deleted these threads, we would be unable to do this. I agree, the points system needs a complete overhaul. {up}

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.