Feedback Section - Form

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
THX-4077

Feedback Section - Form

Post by THX-4077 »

I know that we get a lot of new users and all, but some of the Feedback posts are getting kind of rough. Many of them don't include the address, sent/receive dates, and other information like that. And although I'm glad that there's some excitement, a hundred exclamation points which makes up most of the post doesn't really help anyone.

So I was thinking of some type of form, which, once filled out, could automatically place all of the information together and post it onto the Feedback section of the forum. I'm sure I've seen similar functions on websites before.

This could do a lot of things. It will make the feedback section look more uniform, it will give other collectors the information that they need quickly, and there couldn't be any more spam posts (that is, if there's an option where the form will NOT post unless all of the information is filled out).

Possibly set up like this:

Sent Date (drop-down menu)
Receive Date (drop-down menu)

Address Used (box to copy and paste or type the address)

Comment Section (To inform us what was sent, what was received, and whatever else they'd like to say about their success)

Image (either in link or HTML code form)

Thoughts?
NickButler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Feedback Section - Form

Post by NickButler »

I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure if phpBB (which this forum is 'powered by') can do that. It's quite a week system, better than most, but not the best.

But I could be wrong. :D

Always,
Nick
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

hey THX-4077!
i think this is a Great idea! this is so organized.
there is so much spam on here, and we have to do something about it.
once againthis is a great idea {up}
-Ryan
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

I think this is a really good idea and it would save moderators and admin alot of time asking people for the address they used ect. :mrgreen:
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

I say delete the post when it happens.
THX-4077

Post by THX-4077 »

Paigey012 wrote:I think this is a really good idea and it would save moderators and admin alot of time asking people for the address they used ect. :mrgreen:
Exactly. It may even be possible that unless all of the fields are filled out, then the form will not "post". So it kind of forces people to include the address from the database (which they should be doing anyways), and over time, possibly deter spammers.
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

There are only a few Spammers and are easy to spot.

We all were new at one time but this batch of new users doesn't even attempt to post according to the rules.

Just look at the new Nic Cage Success in Feedback
THX-4077

Post by THX-4077 »

1name1legend wrote:
We all were new at one time but this batch of new users doesn't even attempt to post according to the rules.

Just look at the new Nic Cage Success in Feedback

That's what I'm getting at.

A form would ensure that everything is up to standards and coincides with the rules. And yes, there are only a few spammers, but this could technically deter the rest of them.
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

Not gonna happen but nice idea.

TM, GM and Admin need to enforce rules and delete post. I said Delete and stop Locking post just delete them.
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

Do new users need to be taught how to post?
When I first posted I followed the examples of previous post and had a few slip ups.
These new user post stuff that they know is in the wrong forum and in fact comment that they know that it is the wrong location.