Time Minimum for Moderators

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
sandra1998
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Time Minimum for Moderators

Post by sandra1998 »

I find it quite silly that members with six posts can be a TM! This should not be the case. Sandra.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

It's sad when member's are promoted to TM with only a handful of useless posts, but it's even more sad when members pad their stats with unintelligible or meaningless posts (ex. posting "Great success!" hundreds of times just to increase their post numbers. Want-to-be TM's and TM's that use the Feedback section to pad their stats shouldn't be considered for TM and if they are a TM, they should be demoted! It makes me sick.

Khackdrums :D
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

I noticed a Member today that their Post was almost 100% Great Success and I only saw one post from that member on their own Feedback.

Are we trying to become a TM??

I never want to be TM or GM
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

It's alright though, I have recently partnered with several Mods and have come up with a list of TM qualifications. The qualifications will be discussed among the Mods and GM's. I was told that the new qualifications will be used to identify the bad apples among all the TM's and Mod's. {up}

Star9685
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Star9685 »

khackdrums wrote:It's alright though, I have recently partnered with several Mods and have come up with a list of TM qualifications. The qualifications will be discussed among the Mods and GM's. I was told that the new qualifications will be used to identify the bad apples among all the TM's and Mod's. {up}

That's fantastic some rules will soon be in force. And I agree, posting 'Great success!" on almost all feedback is obviously just wanting to increase posts. :roll: In most cases, I only post on peoples feedback if they got a reply from somebody I actually like.
I don't really think that someone's number of posts is what matters, it's the content of their posts. {thumb2}
- Willow
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

^^Agreed!^^

The number of posts means nothing. I only comment in the Feedback forum if it's some I would like to write to, or somebody I am currently waiting to hear back from, mostly the later.

BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

1name1legend wrote: Are we trying to become a TM??

I never want to be TM or GM
You don't have to be. We mods are looking for those who have the knowledge to help and willing, but unforuntately we get a lot of willing, but not a lot with the knowledge. :(

As khackdrums said, the Mods are working on some rules so there is a standard and we can weed the bad apples out.

BossC
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

Star9685 wrote:
I agree, posting 'Great success!" on almost all feedback is obviously just wanting to increase posts. :roll: In most cases, I only post on peoples feedback if they got a reply from somebody I actually like.
I don't really think that someone's number of posts is what matters, it's the content of their posts. {thumb2}
khackdrums wrote:^^Agreed!^^

The number of posts means nothing. I only comment in the Feedback forum if it's some I would like to write to, or somebody I am currently waiting to hear back from, mostly the later.

I agree with khackdrums and Willow, it really is the content of the posts which matters. There is a certain user who has recently become very active on the boards who posts on almost every thread in the Feedback forum with 'Congrats!!!' just to boost their post count. I actually looked at the whole first page of successes and 19/20 of the threads they had just posted that in. {down} They posted about 350 times in the last week or so, and about 80% was just that. :?

Phoebe :D
NickButler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by NickButler »

So did all this work out :D

(Not trying to bump, just want to know {up} )
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

NickButler wrote:So did all this work out :D

(Not trying to bump, just want to know {up} )
Still working on it-I'm on vacation/holiday at the moment. :D But I will keep working on it when I get back home.

BossC