Board suggestion

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Board suggestion

Post by x hayley x »

I just posted a message in general discussion regarding book signings.
It took me a while to decide where to post it because I did not feel it was relevant for any of the other boards, yet I felt it was too autograph related to belong in general discussion.
I was just wondering if you would consider creating a board for the discussion of book signings. This could include upcoming book signings, previous signings you have been to, and also the discussion of authors you would love to meet.
I realise there is a board to post your in person successes, but it would be nice to have somewhere to be able to discuss the actual signings before and after they have taken place.
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
SelenaandDemiFan

Re: Board suggestion

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

Maybe it could be a new forum under "in Person Success"

But it is a nice idea
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

If you want to discuss a signing BEFORE the signing, then use the relevant sticky.

If you want to discuss a success at a signing AFTER the event, make a thread in the in person forum.

A new forum is not needed at all :roll:
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Mr Kennedy wrote:If you want to discuss a signing BEFORE the signing, then use the relevant sticky.

If you want to discuss a success at a signing AFTER the event, make a thread in the in person forum.

Excuse me it was just a suggestion. That is the point of this board after all. No need to roll your eyes at me, that was very rude.
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote:
Mr Kennedy wrote:If you want to discuss a signing BEFORE the signing, then use the relevant sticky.

Excuse me it was just a suggestion. That is the point of this board after all. No need to roll your eyes at me, that was very rude.
How was it rude? It depends on how you interpret the smilie, it was not ones intention to cause such offence {wow}
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

SelenaandDemiFan wrote:Maybe it could be a new forum under "in Person Success"

But it is a nice idea
Yeah I agree with that. It's better than having only the one sticky topic to post about every book signing in. So many of them take place so I think they deserve their own sub-forum to discuss them.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Mr Kennedy wrote:
x hayley x wrote:

How was it rude? It depends on how you interpret the smilie, it was not ones intention to cause such offence {wow}
You rolled your eyes at me like I had made some kind of pointless suggestion. How else am I supposed to interpret someone rolling their eyes at me? It's never seen as a nice thing to do. I'm not offended I just didn't think that was a suitable response to my suggestion.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote: You rolled your eyes at me like I had made some kind of pointless suggestion. How else am I supposed to interpret someone rolling their eyes at me? It's never seen as a nice thing to do. I'm not offended I just didn't think that was a suitable response to my suggestion.
I was implying your suggestion of an entire new forum was over the top. A thread would comfortably suffice.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Mr Kennedy wrote:
x hayley x wrote: You rolled your eyes at me like I had made some kind of pointless suggestion. How else am I supposed to interpret someone rolling their eyes at me? It's never seen as a nice thing to do. I'm not offended I just didn't think that was a suitable response to my suggestion.
I was implying your suggestion of an entire new forum was over the top. A thread would comfortably suffice.
I didn't say "an entire new forum" if you actually read my message. I said a board, like a sub-forum within one of the other forums.
I just don't feel that one sticky is appropriate for all book signings discussions.
You clearly disagree though.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote:
Mr Kennedy wrote:
I didn't say "an entire new forum" if you actually read my message. I said a board, like a sub-forum within one of the other forums.
I just don't feel that one sticky is appropriate for all book signings discussions.
You clearly disagree though.
I dont think a forum (or subforum) is needed, no.

Looking at your original post, you mention discussing people you want to meet (theres a big thread on that already), discussing upcoming signing sessions (which the sticky is really enough, no one really seems to discus them much pre-session anyway), previous signings you've been to (theres already a big "who have you met" thread).

So for those reasons, I dont think a forum/subforum is needed, or any new threads really. But thats just me ;)