Amazing Things in Your Life

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
classictvguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Amazing Things in Your Life

Post by classictvguy »

What are the most amazing or life-changing events you have experienced in your life?
celeb123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Amazing Things in Your Life

Post by celeb123 »

nothing really life changing so far.....

one of the most amazing things was hearing david archuleta sing heaven....
{love}

i fell madly in love with himmm {love} {love} {love} {love} <me
New York City

*~Live Your Life~*
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

havent experienced it just yet...but going off to uni is going to be pretty life changing. i got my offer from the one i want to go to - so that was a pretty good day. its up the other end of the country too...so i shall be the soft southerner up norf :lol:
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Getting a work experience placement in a nursing home when I was 16 changed my life. I fell in love with looking after old people and I'm still in the job seven years later lol

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

celeb123 wrote:nothing really life changing so far.....

one of the most amazing things was hearing david archuleta sing heaven....
{love}

i fell madly in love with himmm {love} {love} {love} {love} <me
Ehh..Elliott Yamin sang it better =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuqccXzy18
celeb123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celeb123 »

i have to disagree....
i mean, elliot is a great singer...i love david though!
New York City

*~Live Your Life~*
Pencebaseball9
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Pencebaseball9 »

When I met my best friend, she ended up changing my life. It wasn't until meeting her that I found myself and started gaining respect for who I was. I was going down a bad road, but she was able to help me through the rocks and pretty much saved me. I also helped her. Our friendship is amazing and I'll always treasure it. I'm happy I don't have the problems I used to have and its all because of her.
Thanks to Hangman and Seb88 for the signature and avatar

http://www.freewebs.com/karasautos
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

actually everythings pretty amazing at the minute - i passed my driving test monday (finally!), got my last offer through from unis last night so i can start accepting them, and next week its my 18th 8) its all good in the hood.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi classictvguy {up}

Congrats on a really great question {thumb2}

I have had some pretty full-on life changing events. Most of them in the last 10-12 years.

Firstly when I first became a dad 12 years ago, my life changed immeasurably. Suddenly I wasn't just responsible for my own life, I now had somebody else who pretty much relied on me 100%. Two years later (almost to the day) that all happened again with my second child - a girl, who was a total surprise in a family of just boy kids!

My third and most profound life-changing event happened on Mother's Day in 1999 when my brother (who was 11 at the time) was killed. My own life took some scary twists then, and I went through some very black days.

Only now looking back on that time can I properly realise that for all the sadness and despair at the time, my brother's passing gave me some enourmous gifts. I now cherish each and every day. I tell my friends and family how much I love them as often as I can, and I no longer fear death. (Although that is not to say I would prefer it doesn't happen for a good while!!), but the mystery and fright of it has pretty much deminished.

Probably the most powerful thing I learnt from my brother's death is NEVER take a single day for granted, every time you say goodbye and walk out the door it could be the last time. Tell those you love that you care for them, and don't just expect them to know :neutral:

Ian
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

TheCollector wrote:Hi classictvguy {up}

Congrats on a really great question {thumb2}

I have had some pretty full-on life changing events. Most of them in the last 10-12 years.

Firstly when I first became a dad 12 years ago, my life changed immeasurably. Suddenly I wasn't just responsible for my own life, I now had somebody else who pretty much relied on me 100%. Two years later (almost to the day) that all happened again with my second child - a girl, who was a total surprise in a family of just boy kids!

My third and most profound life-changing event happened on Mother's Day in 1999 when my brother (who was 11 at the time) was killed. My own life took some scary twists then, and I went through some very black days.

Only now looking back on that time can I properly realise that for all the sadness and despair at the time, my brother's passing gave me some enourmous gifts. I now cherish each and every day. I tell my friends and family how much I love them as often as I can, and I no longer fear death. (Although that is not to say I would prefer it doesn't happen for a good while!!), but the mystery and fright of it has pretty much deminished.

Probably the most powerful thing I learnt from my brother's death is NEVER take a single day for granted, every time you say goodbye and walk out the door it could be the last time. Tell those you love that you care for them, and don't just expect them to know :neutral:

Ian
I'm so sorry for your brother. That is a very sad story. :cry: