Can I ask for your help please, about redirecting mail.

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Can I ask for your help please, about redirecting mail.

Post by Atomic ant »

Hi.

I'm moving in the next few days, and am trying to get my mail redirected, this is not so easy as it seems.

The Royal mail, will not redirect, any mail from outside the uk. This puts me in a huge fix, as I'm waiting for loads of autographs from the USA.

How can I overcome this, and as I live in the UK, can any UK members, please answer this.

So much, for the GREAT ROYAL MAIL. Worst in the world {down}

In this I'm not belittling any postman, just the way it's ran, which is not there fault.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
RYAN J.

Re: Can I ask for your help please, about redirecting mail.

Post by RYAN J. »

Are you moving from one house to another? If so, My only suggestion is to tell the new owners that move in that your expecting some mail to come to this address and ask if they could please hold it for you until you can pick it up. :D explain to them also that the Royal mail service can't redirect mail to another house & that these envelopes are REALLY IMPORTANT and shouldn't be tossed or put back in the mailbox, Cause most likely they'll all get marked RTS (Return To Sender) and sent back to the celebrity's :cry: Hope this helps. :)

RYAN J. 8)
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Thanks for your help {thumb2} {up}

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Your very welcome. Hope everything works out for you :D

RYAN J. 8)
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hey Atomic Ant (Yes, I did accidentally call you Hangman, Idk why)

Why don't you phone up the post office and ask about it. If you're going to swear, make sure it's not a recording phone, as my Gran swore down the phone at her bank, and she got pretty done in lol.
If they don't redirect the mail, ask the people who are moving into your house to send it back to you and pay them however much it costs.
That's the only things I can think of at the moment.
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

The above two ways is what i would have suggested.
Another way is to contact the celebrity (if possible) and tell them to send the mail back to your new address
good luck and enjoy ur new place!
jason ;-)

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Atomic ant {up}

I know this is probably too late, and you have already moved, but . . .

When I moved house in 2003 my overseas mail got redirected no problem using the existing redirection service which you have to pay for. :roll: Also as a second line of defence I printed out and left some sheets of sticky mailing labels for the new occupants which read something like:

PLEASE REDIRECT TO:
Ian Cashmore
100 Any Street
Any town
Any County
AN1 0TN

(Obviously I put my own new address :lol: )

Then when the new occupiers got any of my rogue mail, they just stuck one over the incorrect address and put the item back in a post box. As far as I am aware I got every single letter and package that way!!!

The reason for this is in an old Royal Mail 'legislative loophole' which states that a letter (or package) is not properly delivered until it is received by the named individual regardless of the address. The Royal Mail then pay for the onward postage if a "Redirect" sticker is used, kind of like them having to return to sender, but instead forwarding it onto the correct address.

[To be honest, my agent still does this sometimes to pass on mail to me from their office without having to pay for it ;-) ]

Sorry for the late reply, but I hope it helps!

Ian :mrgreen:
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Ian! That's an amazing suggestion! :o If I ever move again (Which I probably won't for a while) I will most certainly use that tip! WOW! :o I can't beleive I never thought of doing that! :lol:

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:36 pm.