How can I display an avatar and/or signature when I post?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How can I display an avatar and/or signature when I post?

Post by TheMailman »

How can I display an avatar when I post?

To have an avatar (a small image around 100 x 100 pixels underneath your username and status) show when you post, simply find an image around 100 x 100 pixels, right click and select 'Properties' on the image, to find out it's URL. You can find your choice of avatar by searching on the Internet or creating and designing your own.

To make it easier, you can save your chosen picture and upload it to [url=htttp://www.imageshack.us]Imageshack[/url] or Photobucket. Once uploaded, it will give you an URL which you can paste into the bottom section of your profile (located at the very top of the index forum once logged in). Paste the URL into the last box in your avatar control panel at the end of your profile page named 'Link to off-site Avatar'

Once submitted, you will then have your desired image displayed everytime you post.

Here are some some examples of avatars:

Image Image Image

How can I display a signature when I post?

To have an image or text in your signature (the last piece of image or text shown at the end of your post) simply go to your profile page and there will be a second header named 'Profile Information'. At the very end of this box, there should be an empty white box with a 500 character limit. You can either have an image (around 400 x 150 pixels) or written text. If you would like an image shown in your signature, upload it to [url=htttp://www.imageshack.us]Imageshack[/url] or Photobucket like you would have done with your avatar. Then paste the URL it gives you into your signature box. To have the image actually show, you must have the tags, Image around your URL. Image at the end. Your image should then show once you post. If you would like text as well or instead of an image, clearly enter it into your signature box. For example, you could write about your own website and if you would like to invite people to view it, type your website into your signature and have the tags, and around your website URL. at the beginning of the URL and at the end. Or you could promote and try to persuade people to check a certain website out or you could write absolutely anything, within reason.

I hope this tutorial has helped you and if you have any questions, please post beneath.

Peace
TheMailman 8)
asparks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by asparks »

you are so nice! thanks for the info!
Last Success[es]:
? Kellie Pickler
Hoping To Be Successful With:
? Jana Kramer [7/7/12]
*~ Skydreamer ~*

Re: How can I display an avatar and/or signature when I post?

Post by *~ Skydreamer ~* »

can we use larger avatar ?? I cannot find 80x80 pix. and 8 kb... :(

* ~ Twilight ~ Elijah Wood ~ Lover Forever ! =)) ~*

My ELIJAH WOOD forum --->> http://elwood.tt.cx

Need help ? PLEASE send an e-mail to me ! : mrswood@fanmail.biz ;)

- Thanks seb88 for my pretty sig ! -
James

Post by James »

Sadly the biggest size avatar you can now have is 80x80.
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

With the new layout I cant seem to find the profile section to change my signature. where can I find it now?
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
vhorizon81
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vhorizon81 »

Not sure if you already found it, but click on "user control panel" (towards the upper right hand side of your screen). Once you've done that, on the left side you will see some options. Click on "profile" and from there you'll see "edit avatar", "edit signature", etc. :D
chanin-anezina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chanin-anezina »

Thanks for posting this tutorial for many people.
And I’m sure it will help lots of people,
viewforum.php?f=71
Lily Allen Sub-Forum

mailto:chanin_anezina@fanmail.biz
Favourite success: Dani Harmer, Doris day Michael Owen and Ant & Dec, Fearne cotton