Calling a Celebrity

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Yes

Post by Markd »

I myself, have called many notable people they are mainly retired premiers governors ministers and other historical figures who are often forgotten when it comes to autograph collecting. The most Well known person I ever called was Former Canadian Prime Minister John Turner. Many do not mind and some that I called actually seemed to enjoy talking to me about their careers. Another time I talked to a Medal of honour recepient's wife for nearly twenty minutes. Just thought I would share
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
Shamisen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shamisen »

I once got a phone call from a celeb - I'd put my number on my headed stationary and 3 months after I sent it he called and left a message on my answerphone. Nearly passed out :) He left his number and i called the next day - must have smoked a whole carton of cigarettes in the 10 minutes leading up to it.

Never did get the autograph though :D
Most recent successes:
In Person - Ramin Karimloo
Through the Mail - Geoffrey Rush (05/09/2011 English dating!)

http://www.vermin-realm.com
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

When I was 12/13 years old I used to call German celebrities (actors & actresses) and asked them to send me signed photo. They were all really kind and a few days later I'd always have several signed photos in my postbox.

Now I'm dealing a lot with celebrities due to my job so I gotta call them or their agents. But that's more or less business to me since any celebrity is as human as we are and none of them is a "Supernatural". They are all like you and me.
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

If they give me their number and ask me to call them I will of course :D I have been given three numbers (by themselves) and we have spoken a few times. Same goes for MSN and emailing.

Fatima xxx
ChemicalsXreacT
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ChemicalsXreacT »

When Paris Hiltons phone book leaked, I did call a few people, before they all changed their numbers. I said hi and hung up lol {??}
How did we get here? I used to know you so well
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

ChemicalsXreacT wrote:When Paris Hiltons phone book leaked, I did call a few people, before they all changed their numbers. I said hi and hung up lol {??}
Well, that's what I call "stalking" a celebrity. :x

If you don't have any reasons to call a celebrity, you shouldn't bother them. You wouldn't want the same to happen to you, wouldn't you? :wink:
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
-britneyfan-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -britneyfan- »

I totally agree with you R.S.V.P! I wouldn't like hundreds of strange people calling me to say 'hi' or to say anything, and then hung up. I would feel like I haven't any privacy at all. Wouldn't that scare you ChemicalsXreacT? That's just my opinion.
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

Unless you call contestants on reality stars "celebrities", then no I have never. And I wouldn't want to invade in their privacy. The only reason I talked to those reality stars is cuz I hosted a charity event with some in attendance and they called woo hoo :D
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
Aimee OC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aimee OC »

I Have Chris Rankin's Mobile Number (Percy Weasley From Harry Potter) He Only Lives A Few Roads Down From Me, He's Such A Sweetie. I've Never Actually Called Him, Because I Don't Want ToS ound Like A Stalker, But He Did Text Me Once (2 Days Before The Goblet of Fire Premiere In London) :wink:

Aimee xXx

Latest Success:
Jared Padalecki & Gisele Bundchen.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

That sounds very cool Aimee! :D

Fatima xxx