Do You Believe In God?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
dipayanban
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by dipayanban »

Until someone can prove to me that God exists, I would rather choose to believe the scientists who spent their entire lives and minds to study evolution and genetics.
Besides, I think that religion should be based around tolerating the beliefs of other people and treating everyone equally, because, as someone said earlier, we are all searching for something higher than ourselves, whether it be god or dark matter or chaos theory or whatever. {up}
Dipayan
Dipayan
Dipayan
[ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail]
Collecting Since: August 2010
TTM Successes: 12
Current TTM Requests Circulating: 4
:mrgreen: Go Marlins! :mrgreen:
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

No, I don't. Simply because I do not believe an omnipotent and omnipresent being is possible, according to the laws of physics. I also have no time for a being that would send someone to "hell" for not believing, but otherwise live their life as a good person trying to better themselves and others. There are many other things I find objectionable about the "rules". It simply does not equate with the "loving" god people claim exists.

The Bible, Quran, Torah etc are stories and fables, which hold some nice ideas, but are ultimately flawed as they were written by man. Did Jesus exist? Yes, possibly... but if he thought he was the son of god I fear for his sanity.

When people say that the universe cannot have begun on its own and SOMETHING must have started it... I question how that "something" came into being. I am often told "God has always been there". I find that puzzling and illogical.

I do believe there are questions we do not have the answers for... and answers we do not have the questions for. But I don't believe there's a bearded man in the sky deciding if I'm being a good girl or not.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
pinoygreats
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pinoygreats »

Scientists are not so scientific thats why i believe in God.
dakotawint
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dakotawint »

pinoygreats wrote:Scientists are not so scientific thats why i believe in God.
Come again?
2010 autographs
pending- 4
received- 18
packrat

Post by packrat »

dakotawint wrote:not to offend, but Christan religions are stolen from earlier religions almost story from story. The resurrection, the cross, the virgin birth, the disciples, and if i remember correctly even the walking on water.. the list goes on.
Actually, it's the other way around. All those things were predicted right from the begining, in the book of Genesis and onward. Other religions that had their beginings after the Tower of Bable incident all knew some things that were understood at that time, and adopted them in one form or another.

Obviously, I do believe in Him. But that's not really the issue. The issue is: Does God really exist? If He does exist I would think it's best to know Him on His terms, not mine or yours.
dr.robbie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dr.robbie »

Yes I do. I use to be an atheist and thought people who believed in a God and such were uneducated idiots. Then I did some searching myself, prayed quite a bit, read the Bible, and got a feeling of peace that's hard to explain. So, in short, yes I believe there is a God.
Collecting Hockey Autographs starting in May 2010.

Successes: Brett Hull, Mike Eruzone, Henri Richard(x2), Philippe Boucher, Bobby Clarke(x2), Paul Kariya, Ted Lindsay(x3), Guy LaFleur(x2), Red Kelly, Jeremy Roenick, Brian Trottier, Jean Beliveau(x2), Zdeno Chara (x3), Al McInnis(x2), Henri Richard(x3), Dan Bylsma, Brett Hull(x2), Bobby Clarke(x2), Jarome Iginla, Bobby Hull(x2), Teemu Selanne(x3), Jim Craig(x2), Maxime Talbot(x2), Brian Trottier(x2), Theo Fleury(x2), John LeClair(x2), Dickie Moore(x2), Mike Modano(x2), Chris Pronger(x2), Jack O'Callahan, Peter Stastny, Yan Stastny, Brett Hull(x2), Chris Chelios(x2), Ron Francis(x2)

Preprinted Autos: Mike Richards, Martin Brodeur

Return to Sender:20 Pittsburgh Penguins, Vincent Damphousse, Glenn Hall

Failures: Willie Oree, Bobby Orr
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

I think I believe . I want to believe but, the facts provided by science are all right there in front of us saying that we're on our own out here. I do believe that we all need religion though. The world is extremely f***ed up and we all need something to get us through our time and lifetime here. I guess i follow the bible but not word for word like the superchristian-everybody's a sinner out there. The bible is a book of stories , morals found in all religions not a rule book on how to live life. I also don't believe in Hell . Shouldn't God and Jesus accept us as we are and not punish us for being sinners and when it comes down to it , Humans?
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER
spotytomp3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spotytomp3 »

Yes i used to believe but not now
oryxandcrake
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by oryxandcrake »

Everyone is an atheist to most religions.
I just believe in one god less than most people.
Most Recent Success In Person: Candlemass
Favorite In Person successes: Van Halen, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Depeche Mode
Most Recent Success TTM: Robert Englund
Waiting For: Dave Mustaine
Most Wanted: Lemmy (RIP)