My policy change on giving out emails

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
ricin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: My policy change on giving out emails

Post by ricin »

I agree with Ryan.
There are many members here who are just after for free autographs, they're vultures. :(
When I received a success using an e-mail address, my inbox is being bombarded with "Can I have the e-mail address?".
As I've told Ryan on my PM, :) I found a lot of e-mail addresses this past couple of months and got pretty good responses. Take note that I'm a big fan of those celebrities. :)

Others are just too lazy to search for them. If you're a true fan of the celebrity, why don't you look it up on your own?
SKINS Signature credits to Nicole175. Thank you. :)

Autographs Recieved:J.K Rowling (Authentic), Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Evanna Lynch, Robbie Coltrane (x2), Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Michael Emerson, Freddie Stroma, John Grisham, Elijah Wood, Matthew Lewis, The All-American Rejects, Panic! At The Disco, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps,...................
Most Wanted: Harry Potter Cast, Jack & Bobby Cast, SKINS Cast, James Patterson, Coldplay, Supernatural Cast, Sir Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jude Law, Logan Lerman, Dean Collins, H.E President Barack Obama
Favourite: LOGAN LERMAN, J.K Rowling (Authentic), Maggie Smith, Freddie Stroma, Panic! At The Disco, The All-American Rejects, Maroon 5, John Grisham

DO NOT PM ME FOR E-MAIL ADDRESSES.

MY WEBSITE: http://www.alghernonhenri.webs.com
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks once again!! I'm glad to see everyone is on my side with this issue so far. {up} hopefully more members will take notice and we can get this under control soon.

RYAN J. 8)
Tibooz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tibooz »

I have to agree with Ryan J. There are many people, who just wants free autographs. I send e-mails, because it is the best way to get in touch with the celebrity. I don't send many letter, because it is expensive. I only send letters to my idols and e-mails to my favorite singers. At this moment I'm not collecting autographs from celebrities I don't know. There is another thing I want to tell: when you post an e-mail success and if you are not giving the e-mail out, there are so much jealous messages! I can understand that a little bit, but I tried to find it and sometimes that takes a few days. I don't give e-mails because it took time to find it and if everbody have(has?) it, my autograph isn't unique anymore! I hope you understood this (my English is bad), and if you found some important things that I wrote wrong and is important for the language English, could you please say it to me! It helps me a lot! {up}
I LOVE SELLY G. :P

SELENA FOR EVER!
    RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks for the feedback Tibooz!! I understood your post Perfectly! {up}

RYAN J. 8)
    dipayanban
    Autograph Collector
    Autograph Collector

Post by dipayanban »

Ryan's right. Some people, like cartoonist Jim Davis, are great about email requests. However, it is not fair to simply expect an auotgraph every time you write an email. Writing letters makes it more personal.
    Dipayan
    Dipayan
    Dipayan
    [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail] [ugotmail]
    Collecting Since: August 2010
    TTM Successes: 12
    Current TTM Requests Circulating: 4
    :mrgreen: Go Marlins! :mrgreen:
    dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I'm still doing it the old fashioned way and have never sent an email requesting an autograph. I can see how this can be a problem for celebrities. Fans who really want a signature can put a letter in the post and pay the postage. Now anyone can simply email the celebrity and get an autograph with no charge to them. These are the ones that you see a lot on Ebay.

Last year I bought a few hundred signed photos from someone on here and they were most likely gotten through email. He couldn't have sold them as cheaply if he had actually paid the postage to get them.
    Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
    theman27
    Autograph Collector
    Autograph Collector

Post by theman27 »

I agree w ryan j and whoever said the site has changed. i started collectiong in 07 and got a membership in 09
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY SUCCESSES!!!!!!!!
    Theone30
    Autograph Collector
    Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

I am surprised I didn't see this earlier...I agree with all of you {up} I actually don't post many of my email successes because of the people on this site just trying to get their hands on a free autograph and PM everyone for some addresses. I actually had it posted in my signiture for over 2 months now not to post emails. [us] Happy New Year [us]

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
    Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
    2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
    *Don't post email addresses*
    SeanSchwarz
    Autograph Collector
    Autograph Collector

Post by SeanSchwarz »

I totally agree. Sending requests to celebrities just for the sake of getting autographs is just terrible. Not to mention very disrespectful to the celebrity... they're lying about themselves being fans just so they can say they have autographs from this person. {down} I've sent a few emails, but only because it's an easy way to get in touch with some of your favorite people. I think fan email should be treated the same way as normal fan mail... you should only send it if you're a very true fan of the celebrity... because really, they don't have to send anything back in the first place.
    Zimmy
    Autograph Collector
    Autograph Collector

Post by Zimmy »

{up}