What's your mailbox look like? Fun Group Topic! :)

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
RYAN J.

What's your mailbox look like? Fun Group Topic! :)

Post by RYAN J. »

Here’s an interesting topic I’ve not seen posted on here yet. As everyone knows the Mailbox plays quite an important role in helping us receive the autographs we buy or request TTM.

So I thought it would be cool to have a topic where you collectors can post a photo of what your mailbox looks like. Do you guys own one that’s Colorful? Plain? LARGE? Small? Or something unique like those large fiberglass fish ones I see all the time? :lol: So feel free to snap a picture of it and post it here! Please keep in mind though, to cover up any house numbers or last names so people can’t identify where it is. ;-)

Here are a couple photos of what mine looks like. And yes, those are 9x12 envelopes in the two photos to show off how spacious it is both vertical and horizontal. :shock: We opted for the biggest mailbox they make since my family receives a lot of large packages all the time. Bonus is I’ve never had trouble with bent SASE’s coming back. :D

RYAN J. 8)

Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What's your mailbox look like? Fun Group Topic! :)

Post by Ryco11757 »

wow! thats Great! mine really not that special looking :lol: its black like yours but mine is not medal But i can see it from my bedrrom so when the red flag is up im running to the door! {up}
Last edited by Ryco11757 on Tue May 04, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks! I really need to replace the red flag that's currently on it, because my house is so far back I can't see when it's up or down. Need to get one of those big ones that pops up and can be seen for a long distance. ;-)

RYAN J. 8)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

I'm British. So it looks like this:

That's not my actual door, but you get the point.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
.Nicole.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by .Nicole. »

^ Same as Osiris here in The Netherlands. Well for me anyway :P Also a mailbox in the door.
http://nicoleautogramme.repage.de/ <-- My German Autographs [This is purely in German]

Favourite Autographs: Dawn French, Nina-Friederike Gnädig, Sina-Valeska Jung, Charlotte Schwab, Ronja Forcher too name a few
Waiting On: 107
Latest Received: Sissy Höfferer, Wolke Hegenbarth
Latest Sent:Caroline Scholze, Jophi Ries, Steve Windolf, Lilia Lehner, Kerstin Landsman, Carina Wiese [RESENT], Jan Fedder, Saskia Fischer, Marc Zwinz, Steffen Groth, Janina Hartwig, Karin Gregorek, Lars Weström, Emanuela von Frankenberg, Denise M'Baye, Julia Heinze, Thomas Clemens, Janette Rauch, Serhat Cokgezen, Nathalie O'Hara, Margrit Sartorius, Fritz Wepper, Ulrike Folkerts
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I get my mail at a post office. Not much to see there.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
adamyb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by adamyb »

My letter box is quite big (my dad made it)

Enjoy looking at my letter box ;-)

RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Awesome guys! Thanks for sharing!! I wish my mailman would deliver my mail to my door! Would make it very handy when it's raining or snowing outside. And fantastic job on your mailbox adamyb, Your dad is quite talented. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

I'm like Osiris as well. Letter box in the door.

To be honest, I don't quite *get* the whole detatched mailbox that Americans have. How easy are they to open and steal stuff from? The little red flag is really meant to let owners know their mail has arrived?

It just seems... really strange to me. And also kind of funny in a way. Sort of thing Brits would have and Americans would think it was "quaint" but I just think it is very odd. All the technology that's been around for hundreds of years and has improved all the time. Man is looking for ways to make life easier and better... and you still have to walk outside for your mail, to get it from a place that could easily be prised open and stolen. :?

Mailboxes like that wouldn't last 5 minutes in the UK.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

LOL! I totally agree with you Johnny's Fan!! Our mailboxes aren't very steal-proof at all. They do make some that the mail falls down into a chute type thing and you have to have a key to open it up and get it. I'm always keeping my eye on the mailbox through out the day and as soon as it comes I run out and get it. :lol:

The red flag on ours in the US, is only put up when we have mail that needs to go out, that way if we don't happen to get any that day the mail person still knows to stop and pick it up.

If we lived in town we would probably have a mailbox attached to our house by the door, be we live on a small back road and there's only like 6 houses within a mile of each other. :lol:

RYAN J. 8)