SAEs in the post IRC World? Help please

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
rylew
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SAEs in the post IRC World? Help please

Post by rylew »

i recently really discovered my autograph collection back in the mid 1990s and early 2000s when I was a geeky kid I used to write avidly to various film stars. I had forgotten how many great stars I had managed to acquire autographs for - many of whom are now sadly no longer with us. While of course, I have a few pre-prints I had some pretty great successes and have over 100 in my collection - Paul Newman, Charles Bronson, Alec Guinness, Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro are probably the ones that stand out the most.

Perhaps it's this Covidian catastrophe we all now call life but recently I have had the desire to start writing again to see if I can have similar success again and receive a little bit of joy through the letterbox as I once did as a kid.

Way back when I used to send photos to be signed I included an IRC. But to my dismay the Royal Mail here in the UK no longer do them. I have acquired some Global Forever stamps from a friend in UK in order to send postage to US address but what do people in the UK do for addresses in say Europe or Asia. I would like to write to Jackie Chan and have a Hong Kong address but don't know how to get around sending postage for the UK.

What do other UK collectors do these days?

I would be grateful for the help