celeb autographs....your autographs

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Jama_Rama 23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

celeb autographs....your autographs

Post by Jama_Rama 23 »

Ever since I have started collecting autographs, I have also been "practicing" my own. When I'm not on the tennis court or doing anything else, you can find me 'autographing' sheets of paper pretending to be a celeb.

I was wondering. Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever tried to duplicate/forge another celebrity's autograph/signature?

Share your stories...or even your own autographs.

J_R23
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: celeb autographs....your autographs

Post by osiris »

Can I just mention that it's fine to share stories for fun but please dont share any signatures if they're the ones you use for signing cheques etc :) Made up autographs can be fun.... being a possible victim of fraud is not :S
Jama_Rama 23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jama_Rama 23 »

osiris wrote:Can I just mention that it's fine to share stories for fun but please dont share any signatures if they're the ones you use for signing cheques etc :) Made up autographs can be fun.... being a possible victim of fraud is not :S
Oh. I am sorry. That was not my intentions when i made this thread. My appologies.

J_R23
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

LOL! :lol: I've got pieces of paper just filled with my signature! :lol: I figure when I become a famous actor one day I can sell them on ebay to my biggest & most obsessed fans. {thumb2} I even personlize them to different names, so someone might get lucky!

And yes, I've tried my hand at copying celebs signatures, but after I'm done I DESTROY them so they don't fall into wrong hands. I'm a really good expert at doing director George Lucas's. :lol: But I won't be posting any scans of them. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

I practise my autograph on bits of paper, yes. :lol: :lol: :lol: But never tried to copy celebrity autographs...

Jen :D
Jama_Rama 23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jama_Rama 23 »

RYAN J. wrote:LOL! :lol: I've got pieces of paper just filled with my signature! :lol: I figure when I become a famous actor one day I can sell them on ebay to my biggest & most obsessed fans. {thumb2} I even personlize them to different names, so someone might get lucky!

And yes, I've tried my hand at copying celebs signatures, but after I'm done I DESTROY them so they don't fall into wrong hands. I'm a really good expert at doing director George Lucas's. :lol: But I won't be posting any scans of them. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
Wow. That's great. Good luck with your career!

J_R23
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks Jama_Rama 23! I'm hoping to maybe get a chance to star in some films as an extra or background character. {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
oryxandcrake
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by oryxandcrake »

I could copy the autographs of some of my favorite bands pretty well, and I did practice my signature a lot in my teens.... so now it looks like a designed "autograph" with variations like initials, simplified and full name.

I have been an extra in a few movies, starred in 3 commercials and am credited on 2 albums by bands who at one point were on Capitol and Columbia records respectively, but far from a star.

The only time I had to sign autographs was at a professional event attended by a lot, and I mean a lot of high schoolers. I represented a high profile product and kids wanted me to sign promo material like posters and folders. I signed a lot, I remembered how much it meant to me when I was a kid and a member of say Mötley Crue, Metallica or Iron Maiden stopped for a few seconds to sign one of my items.
Most Recent Success In Person: Candlemass
Favorite In Person successes: Van Halen, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Depeche Mode
Most Recent Success TTM: Robert Englund
Waiting For: Dave Mustaine
Most Wanted: Lemmy (RIP)