Mel Brooks Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Jwilson0119
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mel Brooks Success

Post by Jwilson0119 »

Sent 6-24-15
Received 10-5-15
LOR SASE one photo he supplied
Address used in database

Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mel Brooks Success

Post by Morphindel »

Ah man, i've tried Brooks twice with no luck. Did you use the 'Brooksfilms, Ltd. 9336 W. Washington Blvd.' address? I might have to try one more time....

Edit: Oh, i see from your envelope that you must have done. I shall have to try one more time.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jwilson0119 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Mel Brooks
Brooksfilms, Ltd.
9336 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
USA

{star} Mel Brooks on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
cavewv
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by cavewv »

To really get brooks you have to write a sincere heartfelt super fan letter or you get back the pic you got lol I still love that picture tho its like he's sayin haha thought you were getting my autograph didn't ya but nope. Took us two try's but he finally signed we got same as you first try n then he signed our spaceballs bluray cover the second try buy we sent a really long nice letter.
Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autograph Collecting Blog http://ccmautos.blogspot.com/
Jwilson0119
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jwilson0119 »

cavewv wrote:To really get brooks you have to write a sincere heartfelt super fan letter or you get back the pic you got lol I still love that picture tho its like he's sayin haha thought you were getting my autograph didn't ya but nope. Took us two try's but he finally signed we got same as you first try n then he signed our spaceballs bluray cover the second try buy we sent a really long nice letter.
So are you saying its a sec or pp??
cavewv

Post by cavewv »

Jwilson0119 wrote:
cavewv wrote:To really get brooks you have to write a sincere heartfelt super fan letter or you get back the pic you got lol I still love that picture tho its like he's sayin haha thought you were getting my autograph didn't ya but nope. Took us two try's but he finally signed we got same as you first try n then he signed our spaceballs bluray cover the second try buy we sent a really long nice letter.
So are you saying its a sec or pp??
Yep sorry your picture is a pre print signature he sends when you send just an autograph request. He will actually sign for some people who write nice long sincere letters. We got the same pre print photo you got on our first try. Then sent almost 4 page front and back letter and got this.
gww
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gww »

Yup, this is definitely a pre print. He has sent this exact same one out for years. He signed an 8x10 I sent a few years ago and he also included this same preprint in the envelope.

Mel seems to go through periods of signing and not signing, but as mentioned above, better letters seems to help for sure.
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

thats what I did, but I posted it to the other address, not the Brooksfilms one. Second time I wrote him VV when he did his show in London and got my pictures sent back unsigned! :(

I will try one more time to the Brooksfilms address (hey, i still have the pictures) and hope that he will reply. I love the guy so I dont think it was because my letter wasnt heartfelt or genuine (the first time at least). And to be honest, the second time might have just been the venue not passing it on.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
cavewv

Post by cavewv »

Morphindel wrote:
thats what I did, but I posted it to the other address, not the Brooksfilms one. Second time I wrote him VV when he did his show in London and got my pictures sent back unsigned! :(

I will try one more time to the Brooksfilms address (hey, i still have the pictures) and hope that he will reply. I love the guy so I dont think it was because my letter wasnt heartfelt or genuine (the first time at least). And to be honest, the second time might have just been the venue not passing it on.
yea not sure about his VV habits but we used the brooks films address both times. Maby wait a month n try again