Anita Harris "Success"?

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Anita Harris "Success"?

Post by carlosreddevil »

Sent a letter, etc to Anita Harris (from various Carry On films) around November '14. Received Friday 13th Feb.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit dubious about the authenticity of the sig as it looks very different to those I've seen online, and it's a bit odd that, despite the fact I sent it off with a stamped returned address envelope, I received the picture back in a totally different envelope, written by someone else.

Picture on my site here (Admin, please do not add my pic to surfmypics, thanks!!): http://carlscelebritysignedpics.blogspo ... -girl.html

Envelope here: http://imgur.com/kTfv2mt.jpg

Sent to:

Address Outdated
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Anita Harris "Success"?

Post by Morphindel »

Hmm i see what you mean. On the one hand I would be surprised if Anita wouldnt sign it, she seems pretty grateful for her fans, but if she didnt have time she might have got an assistant to do it, or she might have just rushed it. It certainly looks different to everything online- even the stick man doesn't quite seem consistent.

I'd say it probably is a sec, but i'd also be surprised if so...
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosreddevil »

I'm swaying towards the possibility of a sec, as I've seen she's just recently been declared bankrupt and , I'm guessing, has more important things on her mind than signing pics, but again, if this is the case, I'm surprised and I guess will probably never know for sure.
Robinmiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Robinmiller »

It's seems a bit strange why she would have a sec I would say it's authentic there's not much difference to those on eBay for the disappearing planet that she signed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi carlosreddevil :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Anita Harris
Paul Byram Associates
Suite B0079
The Long Lodge
265-269 Kingston Road
Wimbledon
London
SW19 3FW
UK

http://www.anita-harris.com/

{star} Anita Harris on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosreddevil »

Sadly I have discovered, since posting this, that the picture is a fake. Someone seems to have found my old address and is sending fake photos to it. I have received 4 pictures from Eastenders cast who I have not written to, all posted from the same area and all with exactly the same handwriting on them. Luckily, having moved house in the last month, this is no longer an issue as all mail to this address will just end up in a Royal Mail skip now as everything addressed to me is now return to sender (the new owners kindly kept my post for me this last month, hence me picking up the fakes). I don't know how someone got my address, or why they'd decide to waste their own money sending them, but please note that your efforts are now wasted as anything posted to the address you have will either end up with the new owners (who have been advised to bin any post to me in light of this nonsense) or in the RM bin.

What a sad, pathetic individual you are, whoever you are (I have a very good idea which user it is). Please do keep wasting your money though if you wish, it'll give me a warm glow knowing everything is winging it's way to the bin.
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

Well im also assuming then that you didn't actually send a photo to her for her to sign? Otherwise it would be a very clever fake to get the same picture back signed by some random person.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosreddevil »

No, I didn't send a picture, but I have been posting in the thread 'What did you send out today?' in the autograph collecting discussion. I have a blog where I post my pics and it had my name on it (which I've since changed). I can only assume that they put both together and then tracked my address online (it's scary how easy it can be to find this sort of info easily).

Prior to receiving these items, I had an argument with another user on here who then started spamming my autograph blog with messages telling me he could do what he wanted on my site and I couldn't stop him. I have since locked the site down to stop comments. It's sad and scary (not really for me, I'm a big guy who can more than handle myself but if this happened so easily to me, it can happen to anyone!) that someone would have the time, money and inclination and should stand as a warning to anyone using this site and any like it to be very wary how much info you post, even if it seems like you're being really careful, you're probably not being careful enough!
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosreddevil »

I've actually edited all my posts in that section now to remove the names of anyone I have sent to so this doesn't happen again. Not willing to risk getting caught out (although I obviously wouldn't get them now anyway, but still!)

Either way, the fact remained that fakes were sent and someone has far too much time on their hands (and the poor old buggers who bought my gaff have been handing the nonsense!)
carlosredevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosredevil »

carlosreddevil wrote:I'm swaying towards the possibility of a sec, as I've seen she's just recently been declared bankrupt.
Yes that must be it...... She was made bankrupt so she employed a secretary to sign her mail

It all makes sense now. I don't know why I never thought of it at the beginning. :shock: