Grace Lee Whitney. Star Trek $$$$

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Grace Lee Whitney. Star Trek $$$$

Post by caappy »

Grace Lee Whitney.. aka Yeoman Janice Rand on the original Star Trek.. Sent her two 5X7 photos on 8 Dec 2014 and got them back signed on 10 Jan 2015.. Along with the photos she wrote a little note stating that she requests I send her $10 per autograph.. so 20 bucks .. Thinking about sending them back to her and keep my money.. Had I known that she charges I would not have sent to her. Cant not find any info if she has a foundation or anything..

Grace Lee Whitney
P.O. Box 1869
Coarsegold, CA 93614-1869
admin
Site Admin

Re: Grace Lee Whitney. Star Trek $$$$

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Grace Lee Whitney on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
cavewv
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by cavewv »

She sells 8x10s on her website for $25 and $10 if you send a picture yourself
Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autograph Collecting Blog http://ccmautos.blogspot.com/
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

Thank you for the info CAVEWV...
gurneyhalleck01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gurneyhalleck01 »

I got two signed from her as a teenager back in the day around 1992 at a Star Trek convention in L.A. She signed for free back then. Sucks that she's charging! They've RUINED it with the $$$ factor at these shows! Instead of appreciating the love of fans, it's a racket. I can see it at least if they use it for charity...
cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

A lot of these actors haven't worked as actors for years and are living off their savings and pensions. I have no problem with having them charge. It's their right.
cavewv

Post by cavewv »

cjhanson wrote:A lot of these actors haven't worked as actors for years and are living off their savings and pensions. I have no problem with having them charge. It's their right.
I agree I don't mind paying if its someone I'm a fan of. Long as the price isn't crazy. My daughter sent a letter to Buzz Aldrin and got a letter back saying hed be glad sign just send $400 per autograph lol. We got him at a book signing for next to nothing and got her Reaching for the moon children's book signed.
Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autograph Collecting Blog http://ccmautos.blogspot.com/
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

It's their right to charge or not, just like it's our right to pay or not pay. You are asking for a service (even if you're providing your own photos.) What they do with the money is their business, not ours. And the shows help make the celebrities accessible to the public. It's all about supply and demand - no demand, the price goes down. TNSTAAFL.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/