Dick Van Dyke Success!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
sahens04
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dick Van Dyke Success!

Post by sahens04 »

Well I'm glad to know that my first attempt is a fabrication. I would have much rather gotten my pic back unsigned than with a false one. Thanks for the harsh reality. He is one of the only people I truly wanted an autograph from as he's one of my favorite actors ever, but whatever. I know he has probably signed millions in his career and understand he is getting older and probably just doesn't want to disappoint his fans with no response. Just stinks.
magicmanplc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicmanplc »

You guys might be wrong. This looks like his TTM.

Please Visit My Website: http://patricksautographs.weebly.com/
DiamondDave
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by DiamondDave »

cjhanson wrote:Most likely the usual secretarial signature. Hardly a success.
Rude.
Trolls be gone!
Historical
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Historical »

magicman,

I think you are correct. I am very sure that he signs himself TTM. In person autos will be usually rushed that is why they are different.
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

magicmanplc wrote:You guys might be wrong. This looks like his TTM.
No, it doesn't. It does look like all the DVD IP signatures and the recent ones from the private signing, but not the ttm secretarials.
Historical wrote:magicman,

I think you are correct. I am very sure that he signs himself TTM. In person autos will be usually rushed that is why they are different.
Those posted by CJ are not IP in a rushed situation. They are signed during his private signing where people are paying $80+ for his autograph. They are different because they are two different people signing the ttm versus in person.

Sahens, sorry to be bearer of bad news but it's better you find out quick into your collecting rather than send to Dick time after time, like some have done, thinking it's really him signing. It just be a waste of time, stamps, envelopes, paper, ink, photos, dvd covers and other items. Check out toddsautographarena.com Todd is a long time, experienced collector, runs one of the oldest sites for collecting and has a lot of great insight on celebrities signing habits. I've been collecting 15 years but when I have a question about signing habits, I turn to Todd!
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/
cagneyfan

Post by cagneyfan »

Todd's site looked OK - unfortunately a lot of his information is now outdated or unavailable - addreses, IRC's, etc.
I got no lace on my undershirt!
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

cagneyfan wrote:Todd's site looked OK - unfortunately a lot of his information is now outdated or unavailable - addreses, IRC's, etc.
His facebook would be the best then.

https://www.facebook.com/toddsautographarena

If it weren't for Todd, a lot of people wouldn't be able to obtain authentic autographs from Dick Van Dyke.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel

magicmanplc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicmanplc »

His facebook would be the best then.

https://www.facebook.com/toddsautographarena

If it weren't for Todd, a lot of people wouldn't be able to obtain authentic autographs from Dick Van Dyke.
I'm telling you this looks like his TTM.

Last edited by magicmanplc on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Visit My Website: http://patricksautographs.weebly.com/
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

The secretarial tries to do a similar style but it is not the same. It is not the same. Forget about spacing. Spacing doesn't matter, God Bless being written doesn't matter, Hi or To doesn't matter. The handwriting is what matters.

Just look at the photos I posted and a few CJ posted for me, they are not real. Long time collectors got in on the private signing because they know Dick doesn't sign. Now the secretary may add God Bless because he signs it on his signature, that is not a determining factor whether it is or isn't written. What does determine is the handwriting and the handwriting of the ttms is not the same as the signature you posted.

When I get the book I ordered from Todd I will have only one authentic Dick Van Dyke autograph in my collection. All the photos that were ruined with a FAKE signature have been thrown out. So have the FAKE Tony Curtis', Charlton Hestons, Al Pacino, Steve Martin and unfortunately the list goes on of the celebrities who try to have their fan mail handled with non pre-print, autopen or stamp signature but happen to be a paid employee doing the signing.

Now, I don't care if I have one or a million REAL Dick Van Dyke autographs. I don't care anymore. What I do care about is waste. I don't like waste. I recycle. Whether it helps or not, maybe I will never truly know. But what I do know, is that if someone sends to Dick Van Dyke, they are getting a fake signature (except that one lucky guy who got all the dvd inserts signed). It's a waste of stamps, envelopes, letters, ink, photos, money, whatever. It's a waste. Just like so many people wasted sending stuff to Heston. It was fake. Worst part of it is people sending Julie Andrews autographs and getting the Mary Poppins stuff back with FAKE Dick Van Dyke autographs.

Just stop trying to get these new people thinking their stuff is real. It's just going to get them thinking they are and because "Dick Van Dyke" always signs ttm, they will keep sending photos and dvd inserts thinking "Dick" is golden ttm. He's not, he has someone else sign for him. All they will have is less money in their wallet or bank account and it will have been wasted on garbage fakes.

**********************************************************************************************************************************Not trying to be harsh, just being open based on years of my collecting experience, much of which has been a failure due to falling for secretarial signatures.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

The fakes have a "female" quality to them, the way a woman would write with nice clear penmanship. The real signatures are a bit on the sloppy side.