Lauren Bacall Success!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
motivatedsoup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Lauren Bacall Success!

Post by motivatedsoup »

I sent her one photo to sign and received it one week later! I was surprised at how fast it got back to me! Though we do live in the same state. It was not personalized but that's understandable given her age! I'm still absolutely thrilled to have it seeing as she is a legend and one of my all time favorite actresses.

I sent a SASE, fan letter with a request also written into it. My letter was gone, so that means she took the time to read it and she also put my photo inside of a nice plastic lining thing! Someone also wrote that Fragile onto the envelope...so that was nice of her.

I used her home address of

Lauren Bacall
1 West 72nd Street
Suite 43
New York, NY 10023
USA

Very Pleased!

It's not a scan because it's too big for my scanner haha

Last edited by motivatedsoup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lauren Bacall Success!

Post by admin »

Hi motivatedsoup :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :mrgreen: and Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Lauren Bacall on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
nikita2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nikita2 »

It is so great!
You used SAE or SAE?

Thnx
Regards from Russia

N
motivatedsoup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by motivatedsoup »

nikita2 wrote:It is so great!
You used SAE or SAE?

Thnx
Regards from Russia

N

those are the same thing? I used a SASE, I also wrote her a fan letter/request, and sent her that photo! The letter I sent her was gone (meaning she read it!) plus she put my photo in a plastic lining when she sent it back!
Last edited by motivatedsoup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTM: Lauren Bacall, Doris Day, Esther Williams, Dick Van Dyke, Barbara Eden, Ed Asner, Joan Fontaine, Jerry Lewis, Ann Blyth, Rita Moreno, Marge Champion, Kim Novak, Jane Fonda, Debra Paget, Betty White, Jane Powell, Joan Leslie
IP: Dean Butler x2, Kellie Pickler, and Craig Ferguson
Other: Monica Lewis- I bought her book and she sent me a hand signed copy! Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis handsigned vintage magazine from the 1950s that my parents bought me.
Also I have my mothers massive collection that she recently gave me that she started in the 1950s which includes a lot of people that I don't feel like listing here, a lot signed in person.
motivatedsoup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by motivatedsoup »

admin wrote:Hi motivatedsoup :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :mrgreen: and Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Lauren Bacall on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
I do! I'll add it to my original post! Sorry, just joined this site!
TTM: Lauren Bacall, Doris Day, Esther Williams, Dick Van Dyke, Barbara Eden, Ed Asner, Joan Fontaine, Jerry Lewis, Ann Blyth, Rita Moreno, Marge Champion, Kim Novak, Jane Fonda, Debra Paget, Betty White, Jane Powell, Joan Leslie
Other: Monica Lewis- I bought her book and she sent me a hand signed copy! Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis handsigned vintage magazine from the 1950s that my parents bought me.
Also I have my mothers massive collection that she recently gave me that she started in the 1950s which includes a lot of people that I don't feel like listing here, a lot signed in person.
songtothesiren
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by songtothesiren »

motivatedsoup wrote:
You used SAE or SAE?

Thnx
Regards from Russia

N

those are the same thing? I used a SASE, I also wrote her a fan letter/request, and sent her that photo! The letter I sent her was gone (meaning she read it!) plus she put my photo in a plastic lining when she sent it back!
No, they're not. :)

A SAE is a self-addressed envelope. A SASE is a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Congrats to the original poster! :) She was my first success when I started to collect with more assiduity. I've sent her the same photo as well. ;)

Enjoy your beautiful success! {up} :D

PS: Maybe you should consider hiding your home address, just in case.
Waiting for several autographs.

"Hunger Games" cast members who reply TTM --> http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=244147
luckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luckyas13canbe »

songtothesiren wrote:
motivatedsoup wrote:
You used SAE or SAE?

Thnx
Regards from Russia

N

A SAE is a self-addressed envelope. A SASE is a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Congrats to the original poster! :) She was my first success when I started to collect with more assiduity. I've sent her the same photo as well. ;)

PS: Maybe you should consider hiding your home address, just in case.
Look at the original quote ;) It says SAE or SAE - the same thing ;)

And yes, I would advocate hiding your address on posts, just in case. Unlike the loony we had a while ago, I presume most people don't want their address accessible to anyone online.

Well done on your success :D
songtothesiren

Post by songtothesiren »

luckyas13canbe wrote:
You're right. :) I overlooked it. :P
Waiting for several autographs.

"Hunger Games" cast members who reply TTM --> http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=244147
motivatedsoup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by motivatedsoup »

those are the same thing? I used a SASE, I also wrote her a fan letter/request, and sent her that photo! The letter I sent her was gone (meaning she read it!) plus she put my photo in a plastic lining when she sent it back![/quote]

PS: Maybe you should consider hiding your home address, just in case.[/quote]

And yes, I would advocate hiding your address on posts, just in case. Unlike the loony we had a while ago, I presume most people don't want their address accessible to anyone online.

Well done on your success :D[/quote]

Honestly, I don't care. I joined a penpal site recently (and have received pen pals!) so all in all, it's the same thing. haha and yes it did say SAE and SAE so thanks for saying that!