Tom Lehrer Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
DanielJames
$10 gift certificate winner

Tom Lehrer Success

Post by DanielJames »

Last month, I posted a request for Tom Lehrer's address and got no reply. I had this amazing teacher in 5th grade who would always play his records for us, and hearing him always makes me think of her. I tracked down his address myself, sent a LOR, SASE, and 2 photos. Received both signed and personalized. One to me, and one to my teacher, who has since retired. I'm going to mail hers tonight as a way to say, "Thank you." A lot of people don't post celebrity addresses that they've found on their own because of the work that goes into it, but I feel that's not in the spirit of community that the forums was built on.

Sent: 10/12/2012
Received: 10/25/2012

Address Used:
Tom Lehrer
11 Sparks Street
Cambridge, MA 02138-4711

2014 Successes: Michael Emerson, Kate Mulgrew, Tony Bennett, R.L. Stine, James Earl Jones, Cassandra Petersen "Elvira", Bob Newhart, Chuck Norris, Bernard Fox, Ardal O'Hanlon, Dick Cheney, Paul Dooley, Tony Shalhoub, Tom Baker, Cherry Jones, Dan Quayle, Jim Norton, Edward Herrmann.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tom Lehrer Success

Post by admin »

Hi DanielJames :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Tom Lehrer on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)
lizk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lizk »

Hello, I used the Cambridge address posted for Tom Lehrer and sent copies of the Tom Lehrer Songbook to be signed last November. I was thrilled to get them back yesterday signed by Tom Lehrer. So cool! Have been a fan of his since the late 60s when I would play my dad's records as a kid!
Liz
DanielJames

Post by DanielJames »

lizk wrote:Hello, I used the Cambridge address posted for Tom Lehrer and sent copies of the Tom Lehrer Songbook to be signed last November. I was thrilled to get them back yesterday signed by Tom Lehrer. So cool! Have been a fan of his since the late 60s when I would play my dad's records as a kid!
Liz
Congratulations! That's really awesome news :) I'm glad the address worked for you.
2014 Successes: Michael Emerson, Kate Mulgrew, Tony Bennett, R.L. Stine, James Earl Jones, Cassandra Petersen "Elvira", Bob Newhart, Chuck Norris, Bernard Fox, Ardal O'Hanlon, Dick Cheney, Paul Dooley, Tony Shalhoub, Tom Baker, Cherry Jones, Dan Quayle, Jim Norton, Edward Herrmann.
timsaucier

Post by timsaucier »

received two index cards signed recd 11/12/15 about 5 months response time
shachter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is There Sheet Music To "It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be A Soldier"?

Post by shachter »

Is there sheet music to "It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be A Soldier"? Lehrer wrote the music, so there should not be a copyright problem, but I can't find the sheet music on http://tomlehrersongs.com. If you don't know the answer to this question, do you know where I can find someone who does? Thank you in advance for any and all replies. -- Jay Shachter jay@m5.chicago.il.us
baronrunolfsson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by baronrunolfsson »

lizk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:08 pm Hello, I used the Cambridge address posted for Tom Lehrer and sent copies of the Tom Lehrer Songbook to be signed last November. I was thrilled to get them back yesterday signed by Tom Lehrer. So cool! Have been a fan of his since the late 60s when I would play my dad's records as a kid!
Liz
You are lucky when a celebrity knows your name. Not everyone can be as lucky as you.