Russell Johnson (Gilligan’s Island “The Professor”)

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ranbowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Russell Johnson (Gilligan’s Island “The Professor”)

Post by ranbowski »

(1) Price List

Russell Johnson (Actor - Gilligan’s Island “The Professor”)

Mailed: 4/25/11 (2 - 4x6) (5 Day Turnaround)
Received: 4/30/11 Pictures Back With Price List

Hate that actors who had a big success tend to try to milk the fans.

PO Box 11198
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
RANBOWSKI

My Facebook Autograph Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185222 ... ?ref=br_rs

THE 2017 SUCCESS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
admin
Site Admin

Re: Russell Johnson (Gilligan’s Island “The Professor”)

Post by admin »

Hi ranbowski :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Russell Johnson on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
JonathanMarc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JonathanMarc »

Sorry about that. :( He signed for me for free about a year ago.
peenit
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by peenit »

What were the prices?
ranbowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ranbowski »

I think it was $25 for an autographed 8x10 plus S&H
RANBOWSKI

My Facebook Autograph Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185222 ... ?ref=br_rs

THE 2017 SUCCESS
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

ranbowski wrote:(1) Price List

Russell Johnson (Actor - Gilligan’s Island “The Professor”)

Mailed: 4/25/11 (2 - 4x6) (5 Day Turnaround)
Received: 4/30/11 Pictures Back With Price List

Hate that actors who had a big success tend to try to milk the fans.

PO Box 11198
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Hey sorry that didn't work. Send him 5 dollars an item. It should work! Worked for me!!
Denisrichard
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Denisrichard »

Well, i dont think he's exactly trying to milk his fans. Back in those days television actors were only paid a certain amount for their acting work. There were no residuals. So it was the studios and/or producers who made the money, and the actors made very little above their pay. I hardly think Mr. Johnson has a huge bundle tucked away, probably just a union pension or two. So if he's able to make money selling his memorabilia, and if theres people willing to pay it, then no harm done.
Rust never sleeps! The futures uncertain and the end is always near!!!!
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

I don't like paying for autographs either but please try to remember that autographs are big business now and celebrities can't tell if the request is from someone who is truly a fan and wants to collect their autograph or is a dealer trying to "make a buck" at their (the celebrity's) expense.

Generally I don't believe that $10, $15, or even $20 for an 8x10 photo is too much if I really want the signature. When I calculate my expenses (the photo -usually about $5.00 plus shipping- postage both ways envelopes and miscellaneous expenses) they come near that amount.
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
ranbowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ranbowski »

See for $10 - $20 an autograph I don't consider that getting an autograph as much as paying for an autograph. I never look at these things as "Re-Sale" items. For me it is about writing the celebrity and including EVERYTHING so it's a simple open up sign and close back up and drop off at post office at your earliest convience. The one's who write back and een answer my Q&A (Eli Wallach, Rob Riggle, Tommy Chong, ect...) hold a certain spot in my heart for taking the time to respond back to the fans. Never asking for a hand out, just greatful to have people who love their work. As Grady Desmond Wilson (Lamont Sanford) once said, "Can't find work, can't find a job, not able to pay your bills acting? Then get a job!" Let me just say Mr. Wilson never found work after Sanford & Son and yet, that I know of, will sign whatever people ask him to sign. I know it's give and take, an actor provided a service to the fans, the fans pay to be entertained, but... the actors that go the extra step to show love to the fans are the one's that I will support for now on. Hey... it's just my opinion...and I think what most people feel.

PS... on Celebs not knowing if there Autos are being used to make money??? Well personalize each one. There's no excuse to make money off the fans that supported you through out their careers.
RANBOWSKI

THE 2017 SUCCESS
EricAutoman

Post by EricAutoman »

Russell has been charging for probably over 10 years now. Go on his website and take a look. I'm a huge "Gilligan's Island" fan so I certainely didn't mind paying for it. I go to autograph shows all the time and I never once mind having to pay for signatures whether they are obtained in person or through their official websites.