Robert Downey Jr. - SUCCESS!! Part II

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Antic5
$10 gift certificate winner

Robert Downey Jr. - SUCCESS!! Part II

Post by Antic5 »

So...

Back in February, I sent a playing card autograph request to Robert Downey, Jr. via the "Team Downey" address in Fanmail. About three months later, I received a nice signed photo from the Spanky Taylor Company, which I posted here in fanmail. It was immediately pointed out that it was an autopen, which I honestly didn't care about one way or another.

Another month passes, and today I got another envelope from the Spanky Taylor Company. I'm thinking it's another preprint or autopen sent in response to another request.

Nope.

It's the playing card (6 of hearts) that I had sent back in February, signed by Robert Downey, Jr. and inscribed "Proof Tony Stark has a heart". This is clearly NOT an autopen. I am absolutely stoked.

Uploaded with surfmypictures
EflatZ
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Robert Downey Jr. - SUCCESS!! Part II

Post by EflatZ »

The good news is it looks dope the bad news is it’s Still an autopen someone has Spanky Taylor just wrote the personalization for you. They are super nice about it but I promise Robert Downey jr never touched that card. Still a nice piece for your collection.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Antic5 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Robert Downey Jr.
Team Downey
1311 Abbot Kinney
Venice, CA 90291-3739
USA

{star} Robert Downey Jr. on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
Antic5

Post by Antic5 »

Antic5 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:12 am So...

Back in February, I sent a playing card autograph request to Robert Downey, Jr. via the "Team Downey" address in Fanmail. About three months later, I received a nice signed photo from the Spanky Taylor Company, which I posted here in fanmail.

Another month passes, and today I got another envelope from the Spanky Taylor Company. I'm thinking it's another preprint or autopen sent in response to another request.

Nope.

It's the playing card (6 of hearts) that I had sent back in February, signed by Robert Downey, Jr. and inscribed "Proof Tony Stark has a heart". Possibly still an autopen, but I am absolutely stoked.

Uploaded with surfmypictures
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Spanky is all fake autopens.
Someone who works there personalized it to make you think it's real
I wonder how many people out there think they have the real thing from Spanky? It must be in the thousands per year.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
mjn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mjn »

sweet how many of 52 you got so far
Antic5

Post by Antic5 »

I actually have over 200 signed cards at this point, but only recently completed my first deck with the acquisition of Tim Berners-Lee on the Jack of Spades. I have duplicates of many cards, some as many as six. The difficult part of this is that I never know what cards will be returned, and also that it's much more difficult to sign the black suits and the face cards, so I don't send them out as often. I'm maintaining a complete list of all of the cards I've collected so far HERE.