Bob Horner Disappointed to say least...

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
pltipton1974
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bob Horner Disappointed to say least...

Post by pltipton1974 »

I wrote to one of my favorite players Bob Horner and followed the instructions. I sent 2 items, one a regular card and the other a 8X10 photo. I sent in $5 like others only a few weeks later to get my envelope back with a typed piece of paper with prices. Some of the prices were HIGH, couldn't believe it. A card was $5. I got my card back and my $5. You would think he would have LEAST signed the card and not the photo. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED! Safe to say I won't be sending him anything else.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bob Horner Disappointed to say least...

Post by admin »

Hi pltipton1974 :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :mrgreen: Thank you for your feedback {up}

Did you use this address please?:

Bob Horner
209 Steeplechase Dr
Irving, TX 75062-3823
USA

Would you have a scan of the picture and letter you received?
You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Bob Horner on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

A photo is $20. Looks like you got the better part of the deal with him signing a photo and not the card. If you wanted him to sign the card, and sent only $5, then why did you send the photo?
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

And he charges $25 for "baseballs, equipment, etc." That's high?
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
pltipton1974
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pltipton1974 »

Hartster wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm A photo is $20. Looks like you got the better part of the deal with him signing a photo and not the card. If you wanted him to sign the card, and sent only $5, then why did you send the photo?
No I got NOTHING signed he sent EVERYTHING back. I thought he would at least sign the card and keep the $5.
pltipton1974
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pltipton1974 »

Hartster wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:08 pm And he charges $25 for "baseballs, equipment, etc." That's high?
Not necessarily high for a baseball. He is charging $70 for a bat and $50 for a jersey which I didn't have a ball, jersey or bat. I just had 1 picture and 1 baseball card and an large envelope ready to go. We aren't talking about Nolan Ryan, I was just a Braves fan growing up. I think a player that played in the mid 1980's who was an average MLB player and not in the hall of fame I think that is steep. I guess they can charge what they want but if that was me and someone took time to send me a picture to get signed I think I would do it. But that is why I guess I will never be rich. lol Maybe he is but I would find it a little hard pressed to think he is getting hundreds of request a month or something to be bothered by.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

pltipton1974 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Hartster wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm A photo is $20. Looks like you got the better part of the deal with him signing a photo and not the card. If you wanted him to sign the card, and sent only $5, then why did you send the photo?
No I got NOTHING signed he sent EVERYTHING back. I thought he would at least sign the card and keep the $5.
Ah. That clarifies things. Maybe because you sent both, but only enclosed the $5, he returned both in the absence of clear instructions (even if he does sign cards for $5.) Again, If you wanted him to sign the card, and sent only $5, then why did you send the photo?