Richard E. Cole Doolittle Raiders W W I I

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Richard E. Cole Doolittle Raiders W W I I

Post by caappy »

Richard E. Cole (September 7, 1915) is a retired career officer in the United States Air Force. He is one of the airmen who took part in the Doolittle Raid, and served as the co-pilot with Jimmy Doolittle in the lead plane of the raid.

Cole remained in China after the raid until June 1943, and served again in the China Burma India Theater from October 1943 until June 1944. He later served as Operations Advisor to the Venezuelan Air Force from 1959 to 1962. He retired in from Air Force in 1966. In 2016, he became the last living Doolittle Raider.

Sent him 2 photos on 26 Feb and got them back signed on 9 Mar.. His daughter wrote a little note saying.. Nice letter, thanks, Dad is 103 1/2, still getting around!...

LTC Richard Cole
48 Blaschke Rd.
Comfort, TX 78013
admin
Site Admin

Re: Richard E. Cole Doolittle Raiders W W I I

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
lionhead
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Richard E. Cole Doolittle Raiders W W I I

Post by lionhead »

america lost another hero. the last doolittle raider died. r.ip. richard cole
Successes: Buzz Aldrin, Charles Duke, Edgar Mitchell, Walter Cunningham, Fred Haise, Eugene Kranz, Chris Kraft, Alexey Leonov, Frank Drake, John Glenn, Director ESO, Sigmund Jähn, Valentina Tereshkova, Peter Higgs, Erich von Däniken, Jane Goodall, Reinhold Messner, Peter Habeler, Eliza Taylor, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Christopher Lloyd, Richard Dean Anderson, Jonathan Frakes, Patrick Stewart, Christopher Lampert, Famke Janssen, Carrie Fisher, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch