Richard J. Nowatzki USS Hornet CV-8 W W I I

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Richard J. Nowatzki USS Hornet CV-8 W W I I

Post by caappy »

Born in Freeport, Illinois, in 1923, Richard Nowatzki grew up in Chicago and graduated high school in June 1941. That August, he said he made a life-changing decision to join the Navy and serve his country in battle. Nowatzki had a distinguished Navy career, enlisting at the rank of E-1 and eventually retiring as a lieutenant commander.

Sent him 2 photos on 18 Feb and got them back signed on 1 Mar. He also sent a printed page talking about his time on the Hornet when it was attacked and sunk.. He also mentioned that he was on the flight deck when the Doolittle Raiders took off on 18 Apr 1942 to bomb Japan..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uss-hornet ... MSF0951a18

https://theaviationist.com/2019/02/13/h ... n-pacific/

Mr Richard Nowatzki
4353 Weathervane Way
Roseville, CA 95747
admin
Site Admin

Re: Richard J. Nowatzki USS Hornet CV-8 W W I I

Post by admin »

Hi again caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
lionhead
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lionhead »

he still answers even to germans :) i got one today. he also included a letter. he answered my question (about his role aboard the uss hornet).
Successes: Buzz Aldrin, Charles Duke, Edgar Mitchell, Walter Cunningham, Fred Haise, Eugene Kranz, Chris Kraft, Alexey Leonov, Frank Drake, John Glenn, Director ESO, Sigmund Jähn, Valentina Tereshkova, Peter Higgs, Erich von Däniken, Jane Goodall, Reinhold Messner, Peter Habeler, Eliza Taylor, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Christopher Lloyd, Richard Dean Anderson, Jonathan Frakes, Patrick Stewart, Christopher Lampert, Famke Janssen, Carrie Fisher, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

{up} {up} {up} {up} {up} [us]