Triple Crown winning Jockey Steve Cauthen - SUCCESS!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Antic5
$10 gift certificate winner

Triple Crown winning Jockey Steve Cauthen - SUCCESS!

Post by Antic5 »

The autographed playing cards continue to roll in! This time it's the youngest jockey to ever win the Triple Crown, Steve Cauthen (in 1978 aboard Affirmed). Sent an LOR, SASE, and playing card on September 6 to:

Dream Fields, Inc.
15541 Porter Rd
Verona KY, 41092-9205

Received the card back signed on September 17.

Uploaded with surfmypictures
cobra2990
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Triple Crown winning Jockey Steve Cauthen - SUCCESS!

Post by cobra2990 »

Cool stuff! I remember seeing Cauthen on TV back in the day. He was only 18 at the time. Are you from Cincy? That's where I live. {up}
Antic5

Post by Antic5 »

cobra2990 wrote:Cool stuff! I remember seeing Cauthen on TV back in the day. He was only 18 at the time. Are you from Cincy? That's where I live. {up}
No, I'm in Southern Maryland.
cobra2990
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cobra2990 »

I see. I suppose the letter just traveled through the main P.O. here en route to you. So, how many more autographs do you need to complete your deck of cards? That's an interesting idea.
Antic5

Post by Antic5 »

cobra2990 wrote:I see. I suppose the letter just traveled through the main P.O. here en route to you. So, how many more autographs do you need to complete your deck of cards? That's an interesting idea.
Thank you. I started the collection when I was in middle school. I'm sure I heard the idea from somewhere, but I have no idea where. When I initially started collecting, it was TTM, and then it turned to mostly in person autos. During this, I was never really concerned about completing a deck. When I started TTM again this year, I looked into it and realized I had 3 or 4 of some cards, and was completely missing others. The problem is that face cards, as well as high-numbered black suited cards, are particularly difficult to get signed. In some cases it works out nicely, as with Dr. Jonas Salk who signed the Ten of Spades four times - once along each edge! But in most cases, the dark ink on the dark background just results in an illegible signature. I'm trying to remedy this by buying Bicycle Jumbo cards, which have a large white border around the edge of the card. This seems to have helped. I got the last two cards I needed (the Jack of Spades and the King of Clubs) signed in the past few weeks by Tim Berners-Lee (father of the World Wide Web) and Songwriter Gordon Lightfoot. And it turns out I'm only four cards away from a second complete deck! The next step will be to figure out how to get them all framed. I'm thinking of getting a green felt matte - like a poker table. The only problem is finding a place that will custom create mattes with 14 card-sized openings and not cost an arm and a leg. If and when I do get them framed, I will definitely post the results here!

If you're interested in what cards I've got so far, I keep an up-to-date listing in the "What's Your Autograph Collection" forum page here:
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1980&start=840

~Antic5
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Antic5 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Steve Cauthen on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)