George Tomsco Singer Guitar Player The Fireballs

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

George Tomsco Singer Guitar Player The Fireballs

Post by caappy »

George Tomsco Born: April 24, 1940, is the guitar behind the legendary Fireballs who influenced countless surf and instrumental guitar bands in the '60s and beyond. Hailing from Raton, New Mexico, in the late '50s, the Fireballs were New Mexico's first Rock & Roll recording band to become internationally known.

In 1960 the Fireballs appeared on the Dick Clark Show and American Bandstand. Tomsco said that meeting Dick Clark was a great experience and this really helped their career. They recorded many albums in the next several years. In 1963 they brought singer Jimmy Gilmer into the group and recorded “Sugar Shack.” This became the number one hit for five weeks and was the largest selling single that year and is perhaps their most well-known song.

Sent him 2 photos on 16 Aug.. about a week later I got a letter from him saying he was going to be meeting the group's bass player and Jimmy Gilmer, their lead singer in a few days and will get them to sign my photo of The Fireballs.. On 17 Sep got my photos back signed by George Tomsco, Jimmy Gilmer, and Stan Lark..

Address on return envelope

Mr George Tomsco
PO Box 1204
Raton, NM 87740
Last edited by caappy on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: George Tomsco Singer Guitar Player The Fireballs

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} George Tomsco on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)